Motogp 2016 Season....with Spoilers

Mattie660

Quite the shame that Rossi is starting from waaay back...not.  Impressed that Marquez is still pushing so hard with title wrapped.  The guy is unbelievable!

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
11 hours ago, indianagenius said:

Quite the shame that Rossi is starting from waaay back...not.  Impressed that Marquez is still pushing so hard with title wrapped.  The guy is unbelievable!

Obviously, winning the race from that starting position will be a very tough task with Marc on pole, but Rossi's only three places behind Lorenzo, who is his only remaining rival in the championship... 

OTOH, didn't Rossi once win at Phillip Island after a ride-through penalty or something?  Yeah, that was then.  Not now.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

What an excellent race.

First Brit to win 2 races in a season since Barry Sheene in 1979 and the first Brit to win in Australia in a major class, ever!

He was closing on MM, pressure which caused MM to fold the front under braking on a hard tyre in cold conditions???

Finally, a dry race, no excuses and he won!

Redding beat Petrucci too and Bradley Smith stole 8th over the line despite being barely-walking wounded so a great day to be a British race fan!

Cal Crutchlow..........Legend!

Great day for the Brits indeed. Well done Crutchlow.

Marquez simply made a mistake - he missed his braking marker into Turn 4 but still tried to tip it in (his words). He should have run on into the slip road and gone back onto the track, although with the form Crutchlow had I think Marquez would have had to work for the win.

Great work by Mike Jones - two MotoGP races including one on a track he's never seen, no damage to the bike, and one MotoGP world championship point in the record books for all time - fantastic result for a complete rookie!

..........................................................,..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Simple mistakes have cost plenty of races. Always a shame when you crash out of a big lead (even though I'm not a Marquez fan), but one mistake is all it takes.

Good thing the factory bike wasn't offered to Crutchlow, his result might not have been as good working with a new team and his own team would not have had their victory.

• Member Contributer

With this new layout of the forum, the first few lines of a post will show up under the thread topic header. At least when using the "expanded" mode setting, so even if the thread title has the spoiler alert, if the first few lines are the spoiler, then anybody browsing the forum may still see the spoiler, without clicking the actual thread topic!

With that out of the way, looks like Crutchlow didn't need Dani's bike after all! Hayden seemed to be doing fine for a while, even topped the times in one of the FP's but then weather took her turn. He was battling it out with Miller and the others in that group and held his own for a while but he and Miller I believe touched and he ended up crashing and ended up outside the points. Still a good run for him IMO.

• Member Contributer

(Agree about the thead preview/spolier potential!)

Well done--Crutchlow is finally showing what he can do on a factory Honda.  Few other people can legitimately claim to have pushed Marquez into making a mistake! 

Phillip Island sure delivered some racing this year.  (And some freaky weather, of course.  Only the traditional bird strike was missing.) 

And to wrap up the Rossi/Lorenzo battle, with Jorge's unusual difficulties during the (dry) race leaving him in sixth, the point difference now stands at 24--meaning that if Rossi finishes ahead of Lorenzo in Malaysia, Jorge cannot take second from Rossi even if he wins the last race of the season.  Which would leave the old GOAT second in MotoGP for the third year in a row.  "First Loser", as they say, but not a bad streak for a member of the "senior team"!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Interesting race.

What I've been saying all season is that the only person that can beat Marc is Marc.

Putting Hayden out on Dani's ride was the right thing to do rather than steal a rider from a Satellite team. Its a bummer his race ended with that encounter with Jackass Miller.

All else being said I'm looking forward to someone eventually coming to the premiere class with the skills and hardware to challenge Marquez. 

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, lazyeye said:

Interesting race.

What I've been saying all season is that the only person that can beat Marc is Marc.

Putting Hayden out on Dani's ride was the right thing to do rather than steal a rider from a Satellite team. Its a bummer his race ended with that encounter with Jackass Miller.

All else being said I'm looking forward to someone eventually coming to the premiere class with the skills and hardware to challenge Marquez. 

I have a feeling that Vinales will be better performing on the Yamaha. Might take a few races for him to get use to it but I think he has the talent. Good thing Miller and Hayden are friends. Then again, maybe they "were" friends up until the incident! :wink:

• Member Contributer

Spent raceday at Siberia. Mostly indoors Friday Saturday. Did get to The Nobbies and Cowes.

Marc beat Marc and a deserved win for Cal.

Spot on in the post race interview about the changing temps.

Some pics... Saw about 14 VFRs

Think I'll visit Sepang next year

14705766_1073168556054095_5207545757201333950_n.jpg

14708298_1073169342720683_4116866047190387940_n.jpg

14717330_1074124565958494_8990987687428266811_n.jpg

14702219_1074124595958491_5119487270640038595_n.jpg

14681589_1073170246053926_1482584101847699676_n.jpg

14657497_1073169079387376_801640840628770108_n.jpg

On 24-10-2016 at 10:29 AM, JZH said:

Only the traditional bird strike was missing.) 

Maybe the gulls changed tactics and shitted on some strategic spots shortly before the race. It looked to have worked in Moto3.

• Member Contributer

A weather-impacted Malaysian GP with some surprising performances.

Disappointed with the Brits, except Bradley who continues to improve as he recovers.

A 9th winner this year.....what a season!

• Member Contributer

Great racing today! I'm glad I got to witness this season as it sure made up for last year! Also got to see some record setting events. Looks like I'll be keeping my subscription again for next year and looking forward to the final race in Valencia.

• Member Contributer

And see TWO Johan Zarco's doing a back flip was amazing!!!!   :beer:

(look carefully!)

zarco629.jpg

• Member Contributer

Go Kallio! Go KTM!!!

36-mika-kallio-motogp-motogp-antiguos36-mika-kallioes2_8439.middle.jpg

That would be something.... Winning Valencia....

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 11/10/2015 at 9:55 AM, Switchblade said:

"When asked about Lorenzo's future in the team, given the option in his contract for the two parties to terminate it for 2016, the Italian's response was a cryptic one: "It's not the time to talk about Jorge's future. The future is now, on Sunday", he said.

The key word in the whole article is Italian's response(Meregalli).

Congrats to MM and his future MotoGP Championships  !!!

FIM Gala toasts 2016 champions

• 1 year later...

Archived