Motogp 2016 Season....with Spoilers

Mattie660

Contracts have been signed for 2016, but could they still be changed at this late date ? it seems there is an option in the contracts for Jorge and Yamaha to part company even now.

In a TV interview Yamaha MotoGP boss said "very disappointed in Jorge Lorenzo"

http://www.marca.com/en/2015/11/04/en/more_sports/1446667166.html

It would be brilliant if they did ask him to hop it, clear off !

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yamaha is more than happy to finish 1-2 and have won everything, Team Title, Manufacturers Title, World Rider's Title. Don't bet on them being angry with Jorge, they would have nightmares if he defected to Honda or even Suzuki. He'll stay and Rossi's pouting will blow away and next season will be great. They are already starting the year and MM is leading the timing so far. I'm interested in how Redding does on the Duc and Rabat does on Reddings Honda.

• Member Contributer

"When asked about Lorenzo's future in the team, given the option in his contract for the two parties to terminate it for 2016, the Italian's response was a cryptic one: "It's not the time to talk about Jorge's future. The future is now, on Sunday", he said.

The key word in the whole article is Italian's response(Meregalli).

• Member Contributer

Lorenzo will stay with Yamaha. Another championship will depend on Pedrosa's health and Marquez's decision to finish a race for points vs win at all cost. The question is, what are the odds that Marquez rides smart and Pedrosa stays healthy all year?

MM uses his brain and everybody stays healthy:

1 MM

2 DP

3 JL

4 VR

MM doesn't use his brain and everybody stays healthy:

1 DP

2 JL

3 VR

4 MM

MM doesn't use his brain and Pedrosa deals with more injuries:

1 VR (another very close championship, but he will ride the Michelins better)

2 JL

3 MM

4 DP

• Member Contributer

The key word in the whole article is Italian's response(Meregalli).

Now who's drumming up a conspiracy theory.

I doubt they would let JL go because of his actions, but keep VR despite his actions.

• Member Contributer

I doubt they would let JL go because of his actions, but keep VR despite his actions.

I was thinking the same thing. Apart from his whining, he was the fastest rider most of the year. He also won the most races this year as well. Thanks Lorenzo...now get lost! (I don't think so)

• Member Contributer

I was thinking the same thing. Apart from his whining, he was the fastest rider most of the year. He also won the most races this year as well. Thanks Lorenzo...now get lost! (I don't think so)

I wonder why Meregalli would be upset with Lorenzo, ah because he is Italian. Just the facts.

Yeah Lorenzo returns with Yamaha and Meregalli walks back his comments after the boss talks to him, just the facts.

• Member Contributer

Meregalli's comments were made before the race--before the championship. Yamaha won't dump the champ. He might dump them, though, under the right circumstances...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Meregalli's comments were made before the race--before the championship. Yamaha won't dump the champ. He might dump them, though, under the right circumstances...

Ciao,

I think he would have to see some solid proof that the Duc will be good enough to compete for the championship without extra fuel, softer tires, etc. that they had this year. He would have to hate the Yamaha team more than he does VR to walk away from what's currently the best bike in MotoGP.

• Member Contributer

Lorenzo on a Suzuki would be very interesting. They are very close already.

would be an interesting way to forge "his own" legacy

If Lorenzo or Marquez want to inherit the GOAT moniker, they should both jump ship, strap on the Suzuki or Aprilia, and win the way Rossi did when he left Honda for Yamaha. It's too bad they didn't have the current team in place at Ducati when Rossi and Hayden moved over to them or they would likely have developed a world beating Duck by now. Rossi was still in his prime and would have the hat trick. (Hey Canucks, did I use the hockey term correctly?)

• Member Contributer

In th past few months Lorenzo has been spotted with Gigi, going in motorhomes, etc. Some believe he may be going to Ducati in 2017 as Lorenzo and Gigi got on well during Lorenzo's Aprilia 250cc days and they won championships together.

But today there is news that Stoner is quite unhappy at Honda because they didn't listen to him on development of the 2015 machine. Supposedly he is to switch back to Ducati as a test rider when his contract with Honda is over at the end of the year. Also included is some wildcard appearances for Ducati at certain rounds. He may be pondering a full return to the series if he does wild cards because wild cards would be a way to put your foot in the water and see if you still have it. Marquez has #1 status at Honda so Casey would have to play #2 no matter what. If Lorenzo has decided to stay at Yamaha then forget that. That leaves Ducati as the only major player. With Gigi there they are making steady progress back to winning ways. They would certainly give Stoner equal #1 status and would damn near kill to have Casey back in their bike. Casey slagged them off pretty good when he left but that's because the engineering folks wouldn't listen to him and they wouldn't listen to Burgess or Rossi either.

You couldn't make this stuff up. My gut tells me Stoner has money but perhaps not enough to last a lifetime so maybe that is a reason. Or maybe the break from the press and the circus is what he needed. Either way exciting news if he returns. I don't like the guy, never did, but would love to see him return and go against Lorenzo and Rossi again, and would love to see what happens with him and Marquez in a fight. If Stoner believes he is still the man then he'd want to race Marquez.

Just got mo' interesting......

I am also interested in the dog fight between Cal Crutchlow on the Honda and Bradley Smith on the Yamaha for top satellite teams. Watching todays practice its clear these two have each other in mind and have all season.

Does anyone know why Crutchlow had to start from pit lane in Valencia after qualifying on the second row. Was it some technical foul up and if so what was it?

• Member Contributer

I thought Stoner went fishing??? :-)

Crutch engine would not fire up to start the sigthing lap

• Member Contributer

I would love to see Stoner come back on any machine and be competitive. I'd love to see Suzuki, Ducati, and Aprilia be competitive too. And while we are at it, I'd like to see somebody from somewhere other than Spain be competitive. Nothing personal, I like you guys too.

• Member Contributer

In th past few months Lorenzo has been spotted with Gigi, going in motorhomes, etc. Some believe he may be going to Ducati in 2017 as Lorenzo and Gigi got on well during Lorenzo's Aprilia 250cc days and they won championships together.

But today there is news that Stoner is quite unhappy at Honda because they didn't listen to him on development of the 2015 machine. Supposedly he is to switch back to Ducati as a test rider when his contract with Honda is over at the end of the year. Also included is some wildcard appearances for Ducati at certain rounds. He may be pondering a full return to the series if he does wild cards because wild cards would be a way to put your foot in the water and see if you still have it. Marquez has #1 status at Honda so Casey would have to play #2 no matter what. If Lorenzo has decided to stay at Yamaha then forget that. That leaves Ducati as the only major player. With Gigi there they are making steady progress back to winning ways. They would certainly give Stoner equal #1 status and would damn near kill to have Casey back in their bike. Casey slagged them off pretty good when he left but that's because the engineering folks wouldn't listen to him and they wouldn't listen to Burgess or Rossi either.

You couldn't make this stuff up. My gut tells me Stoner has money but perhaps not enough to last a lifetime so maybe that is a reason. Or maybe the break from the press and the circus is what he needed. Either way exciting news if he returns. I don't like the guy, never did, but would love to see him return and go against Lorenzo and Rossi again, and would love to see what happens with him and Marquez in a fight. If Stoner believes he is still the man then he'd want to race Marquez.

To me Casey and Jorge are in the same category, awesome riders but just a little bit bitchy! I would love to see him return though, even if it's as a wild card. Although it's hard, I like to separate the personality from the rider's capability and just appreciate their abilities on the track. Of course it is better when their personality is more likable and their riding is even better!

My wife has a problem with actors/actress', if she doesn't like their off screen persona, she can't watch a movie with them in it. I have the tendency too not pay too much attention to them when off screen, but sometimes they just seem to be too self absorbed and open their mouths too wide and often that it can be difficult to watch them on screen.

I would love to see Stoner come back on any machine and be competitive. I'd love to see Suzuki, Ducati, and Aprilia be competitive too. And while we are at it, I'd like to see somebody from somewhere other than Spain be competitive. Nothing personal, I like you guys too.

I agree, I'm tired of hearing the Spanish national anthem! :goofy:

I wish more Americans were into motorcycle racing than they are into NASCAR! Maybe we would have a few more riders on the grid. My wife is dumbfounded by the appeal of NASCAR, she said this the other day, "Why would anyone want to watch cars drive around in a circle, motorcycle racing is much more exciting to watch!" Yep, she's a keeper!

• Member Contributer

blank.gif

Here comes Casey !!!

Marc Marquez says he has no doubt Casey Stoner would be 'fast' should the Aussie return to MotoGP in 2016 as a test rider for Ducati.
Read more at http://www.crash.net/motogp/comments/225072/1/e/0/marquez-stoner-ducati-speculation-interesting.html#e1oFEgMeothzBudS.99

• Member Contributer

Anyone find a good writeup of all the new regulations and technical changes? They are all on the same electronics/ecu? Tire mfg change. What else? Only read a bit about moto3.

• Member Contributer

Anyone find a good writeup of all the new regulations and technical changes? They are all on the same electronics/ecu? Tire mfg change. What else? Only read a bit about moto3.

Except Ducati they get to choose between two types of tires and more fuel .

He rode the suzuka 8 hr recently for Honda - was doing really well until the brake MC turned to crap and he crashed really badly, breaking his leg. I'm sure you could find a youtube of it somewhere.

He raced V8 supercars for a while in Aus but wasn't as good at that as he was on a bike.

Stoner was as fast as anyone in MotoGP, but never really cultivated the cult of personality that others find so easy. He seemed to come across as really abrasive, but i think he really didn't enjoy the circus. I can be abrasive when i'm not enjoying something, too.

Archived