Mobile Alabama - Westward - In February

vfrgo

Hello good people!

my buddys and I are planning a winter getaway from the Canadian freeze and cabin fever...

we plan on throwing the bikes (vfr, transalp, klr) onto a trailer and driving from Windsor to Mobile Alabama, dropping the cage and trailer off at a buddy's place and then riding for a week or so...

we plan on heading west, probably to NOLA for a day or so, then onto south west Texas... that's the plan...

any suggestions on a ride out in that corner of the world?

a good loop in south-east Texas area? would like to hit the desert, mountain twisties (are there mountains there??), maybe a desert road or two - to satisfy the off-roader's on the trip - one's that a 93 vfr can handle...

any input is valuable!

as you can see, i have no clue what's out there... all i know is that it will be sunnier, and warmer than February in Windsor/Detroit...

• Member Contributer

You may want to post this in the South section, I don't know what is in west Texas for fun riding but if I was you I would head the other direction.

As far as mountain riding, at that time of the year anything over 4500' elevation is going to have snow.

Have fun! If you ever get into Az, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado let me know. I have plenty of routes in mind.

thanks for the heads up fellas!

my love for smoker bbq has been the driving force.. i think that i'm now planning the riding trip around bbq joints...

will post on here once i have route in mind...

may have to tighten the rear shock on the way back though... nobody can eat texas portions of bbq and not suffer consequences.

:)

Archived