Vfr1200X Us Bound!

Africord

• Member Contributer

For me most likely a CT or Africa Twin in 2016. Not sure what I will get rid of to make room. Looked at both at the Long Beach show. I really like the one hand adjust on the screen but not sure I would ever need to adjust after the first time?

med_gallery_2144_2760_202490.jpg

• 3 months later...

Finally saw one of these in the flesh.  I wouldn't have been buying one this year, but I was definitely interested.  Not anymore.  At 5'11" I couldn't get my heels down. Too bad...maybe Africa Twin.  Gonna look longingly at that shaft drive every time I see one, though.

• Member Contributer

Honda is hiding the weight.  It's not in the specs online.  The first time I looked at the model webpage, I was suspicious.  My dealer calculated the weight to be over 600 lbs based on the VIN sticker.  If that's true, it's 60+ lbs heavier than the GS.  

• 3 weeks later...

Rode one here at a Honda event a week ago. It's a really comfy tourer and would easily do gravel service roads. Good solid power, good ergonomics, good fit and finish. I liked the DCT, too. Really didn't take more than a few minutes to get used to the controls and it's quite good at gear changes both gearing up and down on its own. Really liked the bike. The price - not so much. They start at $18,000 here in Canada which is insanely high. I doubt Honda will sell many at that price. 

• 2 months later...

Saw one in the flesh, sat on it, made vroom vroom noises etc.   At 6 foot with long legs I was really surprised at how tall and long that bad boy is.    It's a seriously big bike that felt like it would be comfortable for multiday long distance rides.   The seat to me looked and felt larger and more comfortable than my 6th gen, much more passenger friendly.    Despite the ADV looks this VFR is something very different from the true off road ready CT.    I liked it.

Archived