My Sebspeed Custom Clear Clutch Cover Experience

VifferCrab

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Seb did a fantastic job job on mine and suggested using Duplicolor Metalcast paint. I also found that VHT black metallic high heat engine paint is about 99.99 percent of a match to the factory Honda engine case paint. I think it turned out pretty good. The red on the pressure plate looks a little darker in these photos but outside it is a perfect match for the red striping on the bike.

clutch%20cover_zpslprd2uow.jpg

vfr_zpstplw5ibc.jpg

Seb's Clutch cover window is indeed very cool. However: Never use glue, caulk, paste, et. al. in an engine where there is even the slightest chance of it joining the engine, final drive and/or transmission oil stream. I've seen the results in an automatic transmission and found the particulate in OHV valve cavities and drain oil.

On the same subject: Molybdenum additive will build up, over time in transmissions and final drives. More is not always better. The advantage of Moly is it's yclept plating or cling-ability. When Moly is used there is always some left in any gear box after draining. It clings to bearing cages, porting and the interstices of all close tolerance spaces. Do not stop using Moly, where specified. The amount as an additive in gear oil is enough. R3~

Those RWB bikes are the tits, guys! Wow.... I like it better than my custom scheme, to be honest.

here is some pics of wire placement

Thanks for sharing... I'll probably make this a winter project. Right now, I just want everything back, so I can ride it. I miss riding.... :(

• 2 weeks later...

Got word that the cover and pressure plate should be in the powder booth in the next day or two. In the meantime, I went ahead and ordered these washers from ProBolt, and Seb was nice enough to send along the bolts I'd need. *tips cap*

I've brought this color down into the chain and sprocket bolts as well, so this should tie in nicely with the pressure plate color...

Excited to get it all buttoned back up.

8d75476739c16b32814580a64a3511d1.jpg

7f4fc7e8caea97e7af61a3a042678372.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

What detonates the 07 RWB colour scheme are white wheels, and Sebs cover. Frankly. Atomic.

And also not necessarily in the order I stated. They all add up to magnificence. :-)

My .02c

Dave

• Member Contributer

My pressure plate is rattled canned primer, red and clear coat. alls 3 cans together <$10...

My pressure plate is rattled canned primer, red and clear coat. alls 3 cans together <$10...

Mine is just Duplicator MetalCast red over bare scuffed plate. <$4. Same for the blue on Mario's plate. Gives a nice anodized look

• Member Contributer

You won't be taking the finished bike outside, will you Clayton? You do realise that you'll get it dirty???

• Member Contributer

You won't be taking the finished bike outside, will you Clayton? You do realise that you'll get it dirty???

I know, right? Why the hell would I ever want to actually ride this thing? I can't be held responsible for washing it too.

Pffft... Up for sale, F this thing... :)

Got it mocked up, with full install coming this weekend. I'll probably rattle can the one machined part with the bolt head (don't know the name of this piece) but I think it looks a little off with that part not black. Easy fix.

And I wanted to thank member here, tomk1960. He's the one that did the powder coat on the cover, bezel, and pressure plate. It's perfect. You need yours powdered? Send it to him, and don't think twice. That good.

Okay, I did a little post processing on these pics because of the severe lack of light in my garage, but the pressure plate matches my fairing bolts, and other aftermarket red accents nearly perfect. As you see, I went with Pro-Bolt silver bolts and Pro-Bolt anodized gold washers, to bring some gold on that side of the bike, to go along with the rear sprocket bolts and chain links. Anyway, here's some quick mocked up iphone pics, with much better pics coming after this weekend.

BEAF74EA-7A0F-451C-B088-940579822F7B_zps

D6C79821-3483-43E2-BCA9-D3CF75E46A9E_zps

556ACBDE-FAE7-44D4-A742-2B010811C78A_zps

Well, got it mostly put back together. I'm waiting for the RTV to setup overnight on the cover , before I put the fairing back together fully. Couldn't resist slapping two bolts in there to see how she looks.

7f39eb2df503165ef2cb0271967cd917.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

I never got no decals with my cover.... :wacko:

But Crab, that is is one fine looking RWBlack looking motor! :beer:

Archived