My Deltran Battery Tendar Finally Died After 20 Some Years Of Service....

Beck

After so long reliably keeping my batteries charged for over 20 years on my bikes, my Deltran Battery Tender finally had to be put pasture......

Not because of the unit not charging the battery appropriately, but because of the connection cord finally breaking up and eventually fraying near the Tender's case and actually shorting out on me. thankfully the fuse in the pigtail on the bike side kept thing from burning up, but I don't know what internal damage it might have done to the Tender, so I'm not risking repairing and using it again.

I have another maintenance charger made by Black and Decker I bought cheap at Target, because frankly, it looked kewhl with it's nice red and blacl plastic case that matched the bike, but I don't trust it as much as the Deltran. So I dug up the spare Detran Battery Tender I got from my youngest brother when he quit riding and put it into service. It had a weird white plastic connector that I had to replace with the typical pigtail connector that usually comes with the Tenders, but I'm sure it will last another 20 yeas as long as I remember to quit running over the cord with my tires ibn my garage...... My other brother could not figure out why I bothered with the other Deltran Tender and not just use the Black and Decker unit..... I guess it's a habit I cannot break after so long....

Kudos to Deltran for a making a great product! :fing02: :fing02:

• Member Contributer

:1: I have several and my oldest is almost, but not quite that old - still working great. They've paid for themselves many times over.

Archived