Any Interest In A Kootenay Hootenanny 3 In Nelson, Bc - 2016?

superfunkomatic

• Member Contributer

I would try, as long as CBRs are welcome too! I promise to park at the end of the line...

(I went to the 2008 on QuickSilver.)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I live in Kaslo and I don't have the energy to organize so good on you Superfunkomatic! Cool name, btw.

I made it for the first one but was away the second go around. But I will try to join in this time.

• Member Contributer

I'm leaning towards third week in July (July 22 - 24) or 2nd weekend in August (August 12-14). There used to be a poll function on the forum. Maybe one of the mods can help set up a poll?

What d'ya think group?

I vote for August only because Cogswell was saying July was the best time to ride in Oregon.

I would love to join in on this if I could make it work, I will watch with interest!

-PRB

That would be cool--all the way from NC! In 2011 the distance award went to Dunn2007 from New Brunswick. If he doesn't show up again you could be a contender.

What about Olive? I haven't seen any posts from her for a while. I thought I'd found her hiding place when I visited Steamboat Springs after SumSum3:

Elevated%20Olive.jpg

• Member Contributer

Yeah haven't heard from Olive in a while. I hope she has not sold both silver beasts and quit riding all together...

C

Or maybe started riding another type of bike . . .

• Member Contributer

Yeah haven't heard from Olive in a while. I hope she has not sold both silver beasts and quit riding all together...

C

I've sent her a link to this discussion and I expect she'll show up in due course.

Here I am. I just happen to be sitting in the Grande Lodge McMenamins brewpub/ hotel, I've been doing a lot of surveys in Oregon this year and am exploring roads so I have have some new routes to share with you Cogsly Cogswell. I also would ride to Nelson for Kootenay Kubed! Kount me in lets do both one in early July other mid- August I didn't ride nearly enough this wonderful hot summer.

I'm also thinking of an epic trip stay tuned

• Member Contributer

Just found this thread and would be thrilled to attend another hootenanny, I met some great people there and have thought about it ever since. Gary probably doesn't need a new tiara, he probably has the original in a glass case.

• Member Contributer

Since I did not make it to the northwest/Canada as I had planned this year, I'm highly motivated to get up that way in 2016. I'd try to make either or both OR and BC meet-ups.

So consider me a possibility. Perhaps PRB could pick me up on his way north. I'm not sure I could keep up with The Pup but I'd sure try.

• Member Contributer

Olive checking in - thanks to digitallyhip for pointing me the way to this discussion.

Haven't been online in a while, but both of my silver beasts are in good shape. No chance that I would ever give up riding - and I still think that the 6th Gen is the best fit for my riding style.

Mark me down as a rider interested in the event. It's been quite a while since I've seen people from the board. Had made plans to meet up with Superfunkomatic this summer for a day ride, but weather got in the way. It's been far too long!

Either date will work for me.

• Member Contributer

Olive checking in - thanks to digitallyhip for pointing me the way to this discussion.

Haven't been online in a while, but both of my silver beasts are in good shape. No chance that I would ever give up riding - and I still think that the 6th Gen is the best fit for my riding style.

Mark me down as a rider interested in the event. It's been quite a while since I've seen people from the board. Had made plans to meet up with Superfunkomatic this summer for a day ride, but weather got in the way. It's been far too long!

Either date will work for me.

If Olive is going to be there there's no way I'm missing this meetup. Just to stand within her aura... :rolleyes: :wheel:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Count me in aswell! another vote for july. I need to make up for this year and do both meets. :smile:

Thanks for Organizing Mike

Just chatting with the owners at the Adventure Hotel (formerly New Grand) in Nelson, BC. They will confirm dates that will work best and blocks of rooms. They've done some substantial renovations to the rooms and the prices are in keeping with rates last time we were there for the Hootenanny.

I'll let you know what week works best. If you haven't filled out the poll link it's on the original post. So far, it's looking like a July date for most people.

I'll also do some scouting around in the spring for other places to go for meals and such. The Hume was our pub last time (and was a bunch of fun) but I'd like to see if there are other options.

Also, there seems to be some interest from some far off 'Merkins. If any US riders haven't been to the Rockies in western Canada or specifically in the interior of BC, it's worth the trip!

S-Funk, PM me for discussion about accommodations and dining options and any assistance I can provide. Happy to help out, I live in Nelson and we met last Kootenanny (heavily modified 3rd gen Black w/red Dymags).

• Member Contributer

Thanks for checking for accommodations. If the price is the same and they have done some renos, that is pretty amazing.

I remember one year when SquamishVFR suggested to go to the nearby hot springs in Ainsworth and I really enjoyed the hot springs. Something else than some people might want to do, just 50km away before dinner time or something. Just saying.

Thanks Mike.

C

PS Btw, I have not filled out the survey regarding dates cause I cannot think of one time that would be better for me. Just too early to tell how my summer will go with work and the family.

Will do. Maybe I'll come out for a ride in the spring and we can have a beer and talk.

S-Funk, PM me for discussion about accommodations and dining options and any assistance I can provide. Happy to help out, I live in Nelson and we met last Kootenanny (heavily modified 3rd gen Black w/red Dymags).

• Member Contributer

I remember that bike! Beautiful is a very good word...

Archived