Any Interest In A Kootenay Hootenanny 3 In Nelson, Bc - 2016?

superfunkomatic

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olive checking in - thanks to digitallyhip for pointing me the way to this discussion.

Haven't been online in a while, but both of my silver beasts are in good shape. No chance that I would ever give up riding - and I still think that the 6th Gen is the best fit for my riding style.

Mark me down as a rider interested in the event. It's been quite a while since I've seen people from the board. Had made plans to meet up with Superfunkomatic this summer for a day ride, but weather got in the way. It's been far too long!

Either date will work for me.

Well well well, hey Olive.

Hope you are well and things have continued in great way since the last time we spoke.

kev

Oh yeah, I forgot:

Damn Canadians! :goofy:

Looks like July (July 22 - 24) it is! I've contacted the Adventure Hotel and will be posting information about blocks of rooms in the next week, t-shirt information and registration as well. Hope to see y'all there.

I'll also set up a new topic for the 'official' thread so we can organize things.

Just toying with an idea. The Dancing Bear Hostel (which I've stayed at a few times) has full facility rentals, meaning that we could book the entire building for the weekend. It's about $1200/day which means that if we had 15-20 riders we could pay about $50-60/night each. They have kitchen facilities, dorm rooms (for those that have a family), private rooms and shared rooms for two.

What do you think of that idea? It would be different than staying in a hotel but might be kinda fun - food (catered or cooked), patio for lounging, places for families to stay, get a keg or two of beer for the group, etc.

• Member Contributer

Ok, worst case scenario, you get 10 people and it's about $120 per, right??

I guess the absolute worst case scenario is you are stuck with the bill by yourself. But we won't even consider that one... I just don't want you to get stuck with the bill Mike. But usually you draw a big crowd, so I guess the prospect are good. But it's totally up to you as far as I'm concerned.

Either way is good for me.

C

• Member Contributer

Ok, worst case scenario, you get 10 people and it's about $120 per, right??

I guess the absolute worst case scenario is you are stuck with the bill by yourself. But we won't even consider that one... I just don't want you to get stuck with the bill Mike. But usually you draw a big crowd, so I guess the prospect are good. But it's totally up to you as far as I'm concerned.

Either way is good for me.

C

+1 from me too, Mike.

• Member Contributer

I was going to say that any type of accommodations are good for me, I'm not picky. BUT I should say that I really want to have my own bed.................

But that's about all I want, I'm easy going on everything else.

C

• Member Contributer

I'll start the list then. I'll update the first post with the list of attendees. If I have a better idea of numbers then I can find the lodging options.

Who's committing to coming next summer?

I'm in!

• Member Contributer

I am up for Nelson, I can make the dates work and it is just a few hours away from me.

Are you thinking of staying several nights in Nelson, or moving around to other towns..?? If we stayed there it is a great place for SO's to hang out.

That is a great time of year to tool around that neck of the woods.

IN!

It would be a Friday night arrival, Saturday group rides, go home or keep riding elsewhere on Sunday. Many riders tack on trips at the beginning or end of the meet to go for a good long ride.

I am up for Nelson, I can make the dates work and it is just a few hours away from me.

Are you thinking of staying several nights in Nelson, or moving around to other towns..?? If we stayed there it is a great place for SO's to hang out.

That is a great time of year to tool around that neck of the woods.

IN!

• Member Contributer

I cant see us not making it. Missed that last KH.

We have one other trip planned in July but don't know the dates so i'm sure i can plan around these dates..

Archived