Any Interest In A Kootenay Hootenanny 3 In Nelson, Bc - 2016?

superfunkomatic

Based on feedback from VFRD members the meet will be: July (July 22 - 24). Official thread coming soon with details of lodging.

Members coming so far:

1. Superfunkomatic + family
  2. DigitallyHip
  3. VFR800Canuck
  4. Sparrow75
  5. V-Fore
  6. Cogswell?
  7. Axel-7 and Tammy
  8. Polarbear
  9. JimBob
  10. Olive?
  11. HispanicSlammer? (Twist of rubber arm)
  12. Belfry
  13. BCmcrider
  14. CVVFR
  15. Auggius
  16. Choco?
  17. Tyke
  18. JViffer
  19. Blackhole
  20. Dustin?
  21. ApexAndy
  22. VF1000Fe?
  23. Didit?
  24. GPPaul?
  25. PirateRiderBen?
  26. VoiceofFire?
  27. Maxswell?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

It's been a few years since we've all met in BC. We had a good time the previous two times (2008/2011). I was wondering if anyone was interested in getting together in Nelson, BC in July/August 2016?

Just curious.

I am definitely interested!

• Member Contributer

I'd go again--though Cogswell was thinking about organizing something in Oregon next summer. Maybe try to time it so attending both would be possible. :491: I haven't seen Gary since the last Hootenanny. He introduced himself by offering to spin my rear wheel while I was lubing the chain. When I thanked him he said: "It's the least I can do--and I can always be counted on to do the least I can do!" :laugh: And I think I still have a stitch in my side from laughing so hard at practically everything Digitally Hip said. Good times.

• Member Contributer

Omg. time to go shopping on line for another tiara for Gary...

Might be able to join Mike, all depending on family obligations. Wouldn't mind seeing you all though, since it has been so long.

C

• Member Contributer

I'd go again--though Cogswell was thinking about organizing something in Oregon next summer. Maybe try to time it so attending both would be possible. :491: I haven't seen Gary since the last Hootenanny. He introduced himself by offering to spin my rear wheel while I was lubing the chain. When I thanked him he said: "It's the least I can do--and I can always be counted on to do the least I can do!" :laugh: And I think I still have a stitch in my side from laughing so hard at practically everything Digitally Hip said. Good times.

There was a lot of interest in Montrose about coming back to Oregon for a PacNW meet at Edgefield - the last was in 2010. I've been working on mapping out possible routes to see what people's preferences are - I'll be positing up a poll to see if and what might be of interest (possible alternate Oregon location). Hoping to do that within the next week. That said, it doesn't have to be "either or" - timing could be a month or so apart so that anyone wanting to hit both would have time to get home, re-group and head out for the other one. PacNW in 2014 was during the 3rd week of July, timing this time around would likely be similar. Been trying to engage Choco to get his thoughts / partner with him - it doesn't look like he's logged in for quite a while. Stay tuned . . .

Nelson would be fun, was 1/2 way there yesterday.

Good roads and scenery, but it can get busy in the summer.

I'm saving Oregon for Aug 21/2017.

http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~jander/tot2017/tse17intro.htm

I guess I could do Oregon both 2016 & 2017,,..

• Member Contributer

Nelson would be fun, was 1/2 way there yesterday.

Good roads and scenery, but it can get busy in the summer.

I'm saving Oregon for Aug 21/2017.

http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~jander/tot2017/tse17intro.htm

I guess I could do Oregon both 2016 & 2017,,..

The eclipse is also on my radar - totality is about a 30 mile drive for me, so definitely going to do it. It's probably going to be a lot more crowded than I thought.

I'm easy and flexible. July and August are both fine to me and I can work with dates and times, Curry. No worries. It'd be good if you could come, too. I'm going to stay close to home for the first time in years this year so I thought it might be fun to meet in Nelson again.

There was a lot of interest in Montrose about coming back to Oregon for a PacNW meet at Edgefield - the last was in 2010. I've been working on mapping out possible routes to see what people's preferences are - I'll be positing up a poll to see if and what might be of interest (possible alternate Oregon location). Hoping to do that within the next week. That said, it doesn't have to be "either or" - timing could be a month or so apart so that anyone wanting to hit both would have time to get home, re-group and head out for the other one. PacNW in 2014 was during the 3rd week of July, timing this time around would likely be similar. Been trying to engage Choco to get his thoughts / partner with him - it doesn't look like he's logged in for quite a while. Stay tuned . . .

Bring your family. I think mine would come along this time and hang at the beach or wander around town, hike, etc.

Omg. time to go shopping on line for another tiara for Gary...

Might be able to join Mike, all depending on family obligations. Wouldn't mind seeing you all though, since it has been so long.

C

• Member Contributer

I'm easy and flexible. July and August are both fine to me and I can work with dates and times, Curry. No worries. It'd be good if you could come, too. I'm going to stay close to home for the first time in years this year so I thought it might be fun to meet in Nelson again.

Bring your family. I think mine would come along this time and hang at the beach or wander around town, hike, etc.

There's tons to do and see around the Portland area . . .

* Mt Hood - Timberline Lodge / Hiking / Alpine Slide at Ski Bowl (kids love that thing)

* Mt St Helens - Hiking / Ape Caves / Windy Ridge, closeup view of crater / Johnston Ridge observatory visitors center

* Columbia River Gorge - Tons of hiking / Sightseeing - Crown Point Vista House, Rowena Overlook

* Oregon Coast - public beach access all up and down the coast - spectacular views

* McMinville - Evergreen Aviation Museum - Spruce Goose, world class WWII aircraft collection

* Wilsonville - World of Speed automotive musuem

* Portland - Powell's Books - largest used bookstore West of Mississippi River - Segue guided tours of city.

* Oregon - no sales tax on purchases!

* Portland International Raceway holds numerous track days for bikes (open to the public) throughout the summer - usually on Mondays - I'll

see if I can post a schedule

2010's PacNW venue, McMenamins Edgefield was formerly the Poor Farm in the '30's - now a full scale craft brewery, full restaurant, hotel, billiard hall and 2 movie venues - lots to do there as well.

There's probably more I'm forgetting. I'll get the poll up next week.

• Member Contributer

Ok that's it! Now I need to see Gary in person again with his tiara on!!!!

BTW, I still have that shirt... and I wear it too. But no tiara...

As for bringing the family, Superfunk, that is a real possibility. Maybe I can find a nice house or b&b (or garage to shield everyone from the noise all 5 of us make) to rent for a few nights and bring everyone along.

Let's keep this thread alive.

C

• Member Contributer

2006 was the very first VFRD PNW (or any) meet I attended in Newport. Met so many outstanding people.

And, had my eyes opened to some fantastic roads!

10 years later, I'm hoping/ planning to return to the Oregon scene, spending a few days in Newport then catching up with the meet.

Of course, Nelson is only 4 hours away for me, but summers tend to be extremely busy for work, so taking time for both is unknown.

I'll watch what you guys come up with.

Now, I want a Tiara!,,..

Anyone interested in another Oregon Trail Tour?

I need to do some reconnaissance for our Eclipse Expedition.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm leaning towards third week in July (July 22 - 24) or 2nd weekend in August (August 12-14). There used to be a poll function on the forum. Maybe one of the mods can help set up a poll?

What d'ya think group?

Kootenay Hootenanny 3 - Meet Date Poll

• Member Contributer

I'm leaning towards third week in July (July 22 - 24) or 2nd weekend in August (August 12-14). There used to be a poll function on the forum. Maybe one of the mods can help set up a poll?

What d'ya think group?

I can do either, but August sounds nicer to me...

Archived