Arai Prices In Usa Vs Japan

Shinigami

• Member Contributer

^ I agree. Being able to buy the same product at a better price is indeed a win. My question is, are the products the same across all markets. Is a medium signet q in the U.S. the same as a medium quantum st over seas?

I thought I addressed that more than once above, but to clarify, no they are not exactly the same. In Japan the 59-60 uses a smaller shell than the USA 59-60 and is a tighter fit in the cheekpads. In the previous model, the RX7-RR5 (Japan) or Corsair V (USA) this was a substantial difference in fit.

With the new model RX7-RRX, the shell has not changed size in Japan, it's still the smaller size (yet to be seen in USA on the Corsair-X, with vendors now stating January delivery) but the fit is much less constrictive with the new model. and this reportedly carries over to the USA spec model as well.

Since I know no better cure for jet lag than a spirited ride I strapped the new Arai on and went for a brisk run up and down my nearest canyon (on the CBR as it was parked in front of the Interceptor, it's raining, the VFR is sparkling clean and I need to wash the CBR anyway)

The overall verdict is- excellent. The new visor, the new vents, the fit, the chin curtain all raise the bar. The visor really does fog less even without the pinlock insert thanks to better flow control. Temps were in a range of 66 to 40 with wet roads, so prime for fogging.

I'm a little surprised at how much quieter this is, too. I never ride without plugs, but one could just about get away with it in this helmet. At least for a short time.

And as I discovered on the return run, the new seal system really does keep water completely out. Yeah, we've had a string of storms move through and I caught a bit of one.

post-12595-0-54231100-1443913326.jpeg

Archived