Has Any Member In North America Ever Bought A Staintune System Direct From The Factory?

ggathagan

• Member Contributer

I started an email exchange with Staintune in August regarding the purchase of a 5th gen high-mount system.

The reply:
"Product is out of stock, would be 3 weeks from date of order. You are welcome to buy direct from Staintune using your credit card or phone for Staintune’s banking details for all direct deposits."

Great!

1st problem: Staintune’s website has some of their products listed with links that allow you to buy them online, but the 5th gen system isn't listed in that fashion.

2nd problem: Staintune's site has a "Login" link, but no method of registering for an account.

I sent another email stating that I wanted to buy a system directly from them using my credit card, was unable to do so for my particular choice and asked for advice.

That was on August 25th.

On the chance that the email got stuck in an anti-spam system somewhere, I re-sent the same email on Sept.9.

Since that 1st reply on August 25th, I've not gotten any response.

There's a 2010 thread here on where to buy Staintune systems:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/57910-best-place-to-buy-staintunes/

Of the 3 dealers listed in that discussion (Calmoto, sporttour.com and Motor Sports Network), Calmoto is the only one still listing the 5th gen system.

Another site claims that the VFR system was discontinued as of August 11:

http://pirateslair.net/Staintuneall.htm

I could call Staintune, but it would be ridiculously expensive and there'd be no 'paper trail'.

I'll probably call Calmoto tomorrow to get their input.

Any thoughts are welcome regarding the next steps I should take.

• Member Contributer

Just out of curiosity I messaged this company back in late 2014 after coming across their name on a forum (can't remember where).

Here is my message, and the reply

Hi there Jerry,

I just purchased a 2000 model Honda VFR 800 (5th gen) and was interested in the high mount Staintune slip on. Is that still available?

Yes they are still available...

Cost is $820 for the slip-on kit to your door (if you are in the USA).. I think the full system is $1332 delivered...

I'd be glad to add one to our next shipment.. I'd imagine it would be in my hands in about 10 days-2 weeks depending on customs...Might be sooner..... Let me know if you'd like to proceed and I can send you a paypal bill....

send an email to Jerry at

Jerry Finley <pirate@acelink.net>

good luck!

• Member Contributer

Just out of curiosity I messaged this company back in late 2014 after coming across their name on a forum (can't remember where).

Hi there Jerry,

I just purchased a 2000 model Honda VFR 800 (5th gen) and was interested in the high mount Staintune slip on. Is that still available?

Cost is $820 for the slip-on kit to your door (if you are in the USA).. I think the full system is $1332 delivered...

I'd be glad to add one to our next shipment.. I'd imagine it would be in my hands in about 10 days-2 weeks depending on customs...Might be sooner..... Let me know if you'd like to proceed and I can send you a paypal bill....

good luck!

Those are the folks who say that the 5th gen systems are discontinued as of Aug 11 2015, but I'll give them a try as well.

• Member Contributer

Just got off the phone with CalMoto.

They've stopped selling Staintune.

The guy said that Staintune has become very undependable; that it seems like they only make systems when they feel like it.

That would lead me to believe it's probably down to the owner as a one-man operation.

Very discouraging.

Also talked to Jerry at pirate's lair.

Same story.

Jerry said that the Aussie government is getting ready to pass a law that will outlaw non-stock exhaust systems and that Staintune is down to a two-man operation.

He said that he'd gotten a request for a high-mount VFR system a couple of weeks ago and was told they were discontinued.

:sad2:

Guess it's time to look for a used system.

• Member Contributer

Hi there Jerry,

good luck!

Maybe his life preserver can be the "full system" kind of quoted in the above conversation...He could have orders for 20-50 systems from our other thread here

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/78592-potential-re-release-of-two-brothers-racing-vfr800-headers/

and probably more as word spreads that a real system is available.

I'm an Aussie- haven't heard anything about outlawing aftermarket exhausts.

It's still legal to remove the cat on bike exhausts. Not cars though, that'll get you a massive fine.

• Member Contributer

Hi there Jerry,

good luck!

Maybe his life preserver can be the "full system" kind of quoted in the above conversation...He could have orders for 20-50 systems from our other thread here

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/78592-potential-re-release-of-two-brothers-racing-vfr800-headers/

I emailed Staintune about a VFR800 performance header group buy project... I'll post their response on the performance header thread referenced above

I started an email exchange with Staintune in August regarding the purchase of a 5th gen high-mount system.

The 8th gen 2014 VFR800 high mount exhaust would likely work on the 5th gen... did you ask Staintune if it would work? It is listed as available.

• Member Contributer

It is funny how some companies make it so difficult to buy their products. I was purchasing a pipe for my '97 VFR and had settled on a D&D product. I was going to be within 5 miles of their facility in Ft. Worth, TX and called to see if I could possibly have a tour and buy it direct from them while I was there. They acted like I was trying to get into NORAD with a truck load of explosives. NO CHANCE - NO WAY - NO HOW! NOBODY, BUT NOBODY GETS TO SEE THE WIZARD!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Hi there Jerry,

good luck!

I emailed Staintune about a VFR800 performance header group buy project... I'll post their response on the performance header thread referenced above

The 8th gen 2014 VFR800 high mount exhaust would likely work on the 5th gen... did you ask Staintune if it would work? It is listed as available.

Sorry for the late response.

Given that I couldn't get any response from Staintune after their initial reply, I wasn't about to risk buying on their site.

Archived