Anyone In Montana?

SCguy

• Member Contributer

My rear tire is on its last legs, I need a new one soon. It'll get me to the Glacier area easy, but I don't want to push it. I'm looking for someone I can ship a tire to, and if you have mounting equipment, that's a plus. I'm in Columbus, Montana now. The Honda dealer wants over $450 for just the rear tire.

Thanks in advance.

• Member Contributer

My rear tire is on its last legs, I need a new one soon. It'll get me to the Glacier area easy, but I don't want to push it. I'm looking for someone I can ship a tire to, and if you have mounting equipment, that's a plus. I'm in Columbus, Montana now. The Honda dealer wants over $450 for just the rear tire.

Thanks in advance.

Good grief!!! Talk about sticking it to ya........., hope you find one.

• Member Contributer

There are Cycle Gear stores in Spokane and Boise if you're headed either direction. They list a PR4 rear for less than 1/2 that price.

• Member Contributer

I had been going to head north to Banff, but now I'm not sure. I can get a PR4s with one day shipping for $190 from Amazon, I just need to find a place to ship it to. I'm thinking Kalispell is my best option, but I'm staying in Missoula tonight and I'll check around town first thing tomorrow morning

• Member Contributer

Missoula's a much larger town than Kalispell, so I would think you're already where chances are best. I don't recall any posts in recent memory from anyone in that area.

• Member Contributer

Missoula was a bust, but I found a Yamaha dealer in Hamilton, MT that installed a new PR4 rear for $246 out the door. $208 for the tire, $35 mount and balance plus tax. They also fixed some rivets that broke on my Yoshi pipe for free. Big Shout out to Al's Yamaha.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

My faith in the human race is renewed each time I log onto

VFRD. The ride reports and incident resolutions are always

good news. Good luck, SCguy.

Archived