Help With Reinstalling Pipe

CHUCK2

• Member Contributer

In need of some help reinstalling low mount mid-pipe.

When I first took off the 2Bros. low mount mid-pipe there was a pipe/header gasket(which got destroyed during the removal). The 2Bros. high mount mid-pipe did not require one. So no problem there. Now I'm reinstalling the low mount pipe with a new gasket but can not get the pipe onto the header. Without the gasket , there is a gap so it is definitely needed. So what gives?? It's a Honda brand gasket from Partszilla. Does 2Bros. have their own gaskets that are different? I could be wrong but I don't think expanding the pipe would work.

For those saying "why the heck does he not want a nice high mount pipe?" The reason is that I want to run without a can during the short drag racing that I do. It sounds friggin' awesome without it! And will help intimidate the guy I'm lined up against. I'd use the high mount pipe but I'm concerned some of the plastic parts back there might melt from the hot exhaust blowing on them.

In need of some help reinstalling low mount mid-pipe.

When I first took off the 2Bros. low mount mid-pipe there was a pipe/header gasket(which got destroyed during the removal). The 2Bros. high mount mid-pipe did not require one. So no problem there. Now I'm reinstalling the low mount pipe with a new gasket but can not get the pipe onto the header. Without the gasket , there is a gap so it is definitely needed. So what gives?? It's a Honda brand gasket from Partszilla. Does 2Bros. have their own gaskets that are different? I could be wrong but I don't think expanding the pipe would work.

For those saying "why the heck does he not want a nice high mount pipe?" The reason is that I want to run without a can during the short drag racing that I do. It sounds friggin' awesome without it! And will help intimidate the guy I'm lined up against. I'd use the high mount pipe but I'm concerned some of the plastic parts back there might melt from the hot exhaust blowing on them.

I've been running a high mount Staintune on my 95 VFR for about 19 years now......and it never melted any plastic on my bike yet.......

• Member Contributer

The OEM gasket is too thick. You'll need one specific to the pipe. I had this same issue with a D&D pipe.

How did you go about getting the one you needed?

I've been running a high mount Staintune on my 95 VFR for about 19 years now......and it never melted any plastic on my bike yet.......

My concern is if I run the high mount pipe with no can.

• Member Contributer

No can = hot bike , I would fab a pipe to connect after you remove the can so as to push the heat towards the back for drag racing only .

Strap it down and then install it at the track.

Even with no can, the end of the S pipe for most high pipe setups will be far enough below the plastics on the right side of the bike. as it will be about the same level as the right passenger peg..... Unless, maybe, you tuned your bike so rich that flames regularly come out of the pipe, I would not be worried about melting anything.....

• Member Contributer

I emailed 2Bros asking how I could get the proper gasket & got this response:

"We don’t use gaskets on our exhausts but we recommend using a bead of high temp silicone between the two pipes."

• Member Contributer

I emailed 2Bros asking how I could get the proper gasket & got this response:

"We don’t use gaskets on our exhausts but we recommend using a bead of high temp silicone between the two pipes."

Good to know !!

• Member Contributer

I don't think that will work on the large gap on my pipes.

Archived