Anyone Interested In Doing A Fall Ride This Year? (2015)

SEBSPEED

• Member Contributer

Well, the response so far has been a resounding meh...

Any good Octoberfests in the area? Talk Keith into driving the M, I'll bring the S, and you have the V Dub. Morigan and Andrea will just have to bring their German asses since they don't have their German wheels anymore!

• Member Contributer

You all are welcome to come out to WDGAH in W. Lebanon NH Fri Sept 11th - the 13th...lots of folks on VFR's and other bikes...

http://www.wdgah.net/

About 25 of us last year split up into smaller groups from Florida, Kentucky to Canada...sometimes Michigan. Very friendly, good riding of all temperments and excellent routes...

Matt

Well, the response so far has been a resounding meh...

Any good Octoberfests in the area? Talk Keith into driving the M, I'll bring the S, and you have the V Dub. Morigan and Andrea will just have to bring their German asses since they don't have their German wheels anymore!

http://www.huntermtn.com/summer/festivals/oktoberfest/

• Member Contributer

cm'on...come on up to W. Lebanon! Lots of vfr's and other bikes and small groups riding great routes! Beer after at the Seven Barrels, Friday Night cookout at Bryan Roth's house...Routemeister is attending...it'll be fun!

Matt

• Member Contributer

Listen man, no one is arguing with you! Do your thing, this is about wether Seb should host his own (very separate) thing. It has literally nothing to do with you at all, simply because you were not interested in attending in the first place. I rode 2000 miles round trip 3 times because I like to hang with VFRD folks in different areas that I don't get the chance to see very often. I am not on "the big list" nor do I plan to be, if it still exists. I'm not on VFR World. I know that thing exists, and have known for many years. It, in fact, takes place nearly a full month later, so you could come to both. If you were so inclined.

I DO give a hoot!

• 3 weeks later...

What weekend did you tentatively have in mind, the first wknd of October? I am planning to get up your way at least once more before the season is done.

I've been planning to attend, if I can get the weekend off from my part-time retail job, and if the weather is dry. That's a couple big ifs, but if you host the ride, Seb, I'm still gonna try to make it.

• Member Contributer

Some day I'll make it up there.

Some day I'll live in TN...

NC is better! Well, unless you are retired and living on capital gains.

Seb come to Boone for the Fall Ride, should be a jolly good time. :beer:

Yes!

Not in the cards Ben, sorry.

Doh!

Work hard, spend hard... always walking a line. If I win the lottery, I'll see you in Boone...

But, on the bright side, there are 2 Oktoberfests, a Jagerfest, and a Beemer rally going on up here October 4th!

Ok, so I'm thinking a single day ride (the way we used to do it) on 10/3.

Meet for breakfast at Betty's off Exit 21? Kickstands up by 10am - surf some asphalt and grab lunch? Lunch spot TBD... likely will be dictated by the direction of the majority's homeward travel direction...

Whaddya say?

Well, crap. I'm out. I got scheduled to work my weekend retail job on Sat, 10/3. Hard to turn down the work, so I'll be selling golf clubs and accessories while you blokes are out having fun. Hope to attend next year.

It's the tipping point every year for sending us into the cooler months. Up until 5 years ago, it was always a nice weekend.

Lately we've been getting summer-ending rain for 1-2 weeks, followed by fall colors and winter temperatures.

I want to move away more and more every year.

Archived