Ram Mount Components In California?

JZH

• Member Contributer

After getting messed around by a major mailorder place I need to visit a good RAM Products dealer in person to get some components. Fortunately, I'll be in California in a couple of weeks (North and South), so where can I find a good (read: HUGE) selection of RAM bits and bobs? I know there's a big list of dealers on rammount.com, but I'd rather not have to call each of them!

Cheers,

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

FWIW, I manged to visit two RAM retailers in Southern Cal, struck out at Aircraft Spruce in Corona, but hit a home run at Bass Pro Shops in Rancho Cucamonga. Man, that place is HUGE. Reminded me of a Fry's Electronics for outdoor sports... In any case, they had a small selection of the RAM products I was looking for, which were the low-security locking knobs for 1" ball clamps. I needed to see the parts in person because RAM does not specify which key code the knobs ship with, and I wanted three knobs with the same "key" (I also wanted a specific key, but you'll have to guess which one...) The only way to select the knobs I needed, therefore, was to physically look at them and in one case (with the assistance of a sales dude) open the package. I don't know the part numbers of the products I ended up buying, but one was a single and the other was a pack of two. They look like this:

twisty-thing-2_1.jpg

(My mail order experience with G P S C i t y was a seven month international nightmare, which they had dragged on and on for months before finally telling me that not only could they not send me the specific knobs I wanted (as they had promised), but that it was now too late to refund my credit card payment!)

Anyway, these things are obviously not as secure as the keyed knob, but for my purposes they will be perfect--and I only have to carry one "key", rather than three!

(FYI, the TSA does not like Aero Kroil in checked baggage...or maybe they do like it?)

Ciao,

Archived