Viffercrab's Chinese Fairings Build Thread

VifferCrab

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I gotta say, I'm getting more and more excited. Here's my final pic to them, with the caveat that there be no overspray on forward facing fairings and stripe between all white and black parts be red, along with all lettering and logos.

That's a lots of requests/demandments. You're getting damn close to a custom shop paint job, I'd say, with all of these "special requests". Count me in as curious to see what you finally get, and whether or not they are listening to what you want, and actually doing it. What's all this costing you again, USD, total with shipping and everything?

Do you know if the company you ordered from is able to blank the headlight, taillight, and turn signal openings? Nobody makes track fairings for the VFR, but if it's possible to order them custom through these guys, I'll be all over that.

Www.absfairings.com can do it for you, or really anything custom, they can even fill and smooth the tail cowling if you went with a single side exhaust. The race fairings are an additional $99 to have the taillight and headlight holes filled,sanded, etc. Give them a call at 540 324 7464, each time I've called them, they they pick up and answer my questions. I don't know about the other place linked above.

http://shop.absfairings.com/motorcycle_fairings/race-fairings

Thanks! I'll give them a try tomorrow. There's a track weekend at the Corvette Museum circuit Labor Day weekend that I'm going to try and make. I REALLY don't want to risk rashing up the factory RWB fairings.

I did that same color scheme w/o red strips.

attachicon.gifIMG_4653.JPG

Looks fantastic. Tank design is a little different, not much.

Glad I added a splash of color. Almost thinking I could go with a little more.

Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, I gotta say, I'm getting more and more excited. Here's my final pic to them, with the caveat that there be no overspray on forward facing fairings and stripe between all white and black parts be red, along with all lettering and logos.

That's a lots of requests/demandments. You're getting damn close to a custom shop paint job, I'd say, with all of these "special requests". Count me in as curious to see what you finally get, and whether or not they are listening to what you want, and actually doing it. What's all this costing you again, USD, total with shipping and everything?

Indeed, I've tweaked the design a few times. Every time I do, they don't complain and say, no problem.

Total out of pocket is $479, shipped to Maryland inclusive of custom tank cover, painting inside of nose fairings, black. Bolt kit, smoked windscreen, and rear cowl.

8/13/15 - Auctmarts contacted me to confirm exactly which VFR, Interceptor and Tank decal I wanted.

• Member Contributer

If it works out great, its almost too good to be true at that price.

I'm very interested on outcome, as I've always like the idea of a two fairing set option, to change look of bike a couple of times a year.

I'm watching this thread with great interest - thanks for sharing your experiences through this process, VifferCrab. :fing02:

I'm toying with the idea of getting a custom Tricolor fairing set (Italian Green/White/Red) for my Silver '02 to mess with people's heads - a cross between the RWB VFR scheme and an MV Augusta colour scheme (green on bottom, red on top). I might also just go for a plain red set, as I used to have an '05 in red, and I just love that colour. Either way, this thread is really useful for me.

Other than the quality of the custom paint, I'm curious about how well the tank cover works. I'll be eagerly awaiting progress updates! :beer:

Yeah, I'm also very interested in seeing how the tank cover works. My tank is red, will that color be seen around the gas flap? I guess we'll find out...

When are you supposed to receive everything?

I pinged them this morning asking for a timeline. I should know something by tomorrow. Will update... I also linked them to this thread. :)

They told me should be ready to ship in a about a week. They'll send pics of everything for my approval before shipment. Then figure another week for transport or so. Getting closer...

• Member Contributer

They told me should be ready to ship in a about a week. They'll send pics of everything for my approval before shipment. Then figure another week for transport or so. Getting closer...

Wow this is almost unbelievable .

Yeah, cautiously optimistic on the timeline. We'll see, I suppose.

I also asked them if they could paint match the bolt kit to the color of the stickers, and think I confused them a bit. Was told, the bolt kit is black. So, we'll see what they send.

In other news, I've ordered new Emgo carbon fiber mirrors for it as well. I'm gonna go ahead and order a new rear sprocket and chain too. Since the wheels are gonna be broken down for powder coating, might as well put new shiny stuff back on during assembly.

Turning into a bit of a project now.

Just picked this up in preparation for the color change. Getting closer...

Also just got off the phone with the guy who's gonna powdercoat the wheels. $170 total if I bring him the wheels loose, and broken down.

Seems reasonable.

5cb35ae1c3aca98080614a9c3e7efb57.jpg

Does the new helmet have the "transitions" shield? I'm strongly considering one.

Just ordered the transition lens too. Should be here mid next week I guess.

I got this helmet DIRT cheap guys. Not sure what the rules are in the forum in regards to linking to non-vendor sites. But if interested, PM me. It was south of $200. Couldn't resist. We've gone from having zero helmets to having 4, in less than a month.

This Bell. A SHOEI, and 2 O'Neal Commanders with built in Bluetooth. I need help.

Helmet should go nicely with the new White/Black/Red fairing theme...

85aef190f116cce913fdb7e6a4a92aab.jpg

I have riden with the transitions lenses and it is the best thing since sliced bread.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Everything I've read/watched, says it's bad ass.

Just picked this up in preparation for the color change. Getting closer...

Also just got off the phone with the guy who's gonna powdercoat the wheels. $170 total if I bring him the wheels loose, and broken down.

Seems reasonable.

I got a quote 2 weeks ago on my 6th gen wheels of $55 each. Still on the fence about it, but I guess it was a better deal than I thought at first.

Archived