6Th Gen 4 Into 1 Exhaust

mandor

• Member Contributer

Two Bros made one. As I recall the left muffler was a dummy so it retained the dual pipe look. I don't know if it is available still.

Edit: Still listed on their website http://www.twobros.com/sku/005-65040/exhaust/Hon-VFR800fi-dualvale_02-05.html

Header from the 8th Gen.?

Does it fit a 6th Gen.? Is it bolt-on?

(I assume the answer is "yes", since it's the same engine, but it doesn't hurt to ask...)

And... has anyone actually done this?

I have the dummy can setup from two bros (installed by previous owner) and I actually like it a lot. I use the dummy can to hold my tool kit, tire repair, full set of Allen wrenches, rags, spare fuses, zip ties, 2 sets of brake pads, and a cargo net. You get the idea. It's a lot of storage. Under seat area has my chain oiler brain and reservoir plus a distribution block for heated gear, grips, and the chain oiler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Header from the 8th Gen.?

Does it fit a 6th Gen.? Is it bolt-on?

(I assume the answer is "yes", since it's the same engine, but it doesn't hurt to ask...)

And... has anyone actually done this?

It should bolt right on. You may find some issues with the centerstand, I'm not sure if they changed that or not. After that, you will find there isn't an attachment point on the passenger footrest for the can, you will need to work around that as well.

I have the dummy can setup from two bros (installed by previous owner) and I actually like it a lot. I use the dummy can to hold my tool kit, tire repair, full set of Allen wrenches, rags, spare fuses, zip ties, 2 sets of brake pads, and a cargo net. You get the idea. It's a lot of storage. Under seat area has my chain oiler brain and reservoir plus a distribution block for heated gear, grips, and the chain oiler.

Why do you carry extra brake pads??

I made a mistake years ago on an older bike. Did 530 miles along the coast with toasted front brakes. Had to ride the last 100 miles with metal on metal. Scary stuff. Old bike+weekend=no pads available to purchase on the way. The VFR takes the same pads for front and rear so I carry two sets so I can replace them on the road if I need to. I think I probably always will lol.

I made a mistake years ago on an older bike. Did 530 miles along the coast with toasted front brakes. Had to ride the last 100 miles with metal on metal. Scary stuff. Old bike+weekend=no pads available to purchase on the way. The VFR takes the same pads for front and rear so I carry two sets so I can replace them on the road if I need to. I think I probably always will lol.

Ah, so a "good luck charm" then.

Sort of. More of a planning thing now. Of course I also learned to check the pads before beginning a long trip. I learned my lesson. It also keeps me from losing them :)

my two cents... I think the idea of having one pipe that doesn't do anything is absolutely ridiculous, especially given that you're paying the price for two pipes. with that said, any single pipe setup is going to look terrible without a full tail mod, as the area under the seat is very ugly without the two pipes filling the space. I was considering putting a gp style can on mine but this alone kept me from it. and i'm glad.

Yeah, I wouldn't have bought it myself, but I'm glad the other guy did. I had a wtf moment when I was checking out the bike before I bought it but I have made it work. I'm glad it's there.

• 2 years later...

This is for anyone that is interested in doing 4 in to 1 exhaust on a vfr 6th gen. 

I wanted to save some weight in the rear end plus I didn't really like the dual exhaust under the tail so I removed it and then I had this ugly empty space . I really thought hard about what I can do with this to make it look better .  Me being handy I decided to go to work with it .    With the Single exhaust already installed . All I had to do was focus on the tail .   So what I did was remove the rear tail flaring.   I trimmed the sides of the hear shield/ plastic undertake.  I then  got a heat gun and went ahead and heated up the sides of the fairing and rolled it to and bend it inwards towards where the old exhaust us to be .  Once i achieved the look i wanted I put a ice bag on the plastic flaring to keep the shape.. I repeated this process  on the other side till they both matched.  To prevent the paint from chipping I made sure I heated the paint side along with the inside of the panel ...   Afterwards I spray painted the metal heat shield with a flat black to clean everything up.   This fix did not cost me anything .  Since I already had done paint lying around . I have to say it looks a lot better in person  . Sorry for the crappy pictures.  

20170913_163615.jpg

20170826_171230.jpg

Yes that will be another post. I will do a full write up on how to do it   I'm almost done with it . Here is what to come preview . Just waiting for some parts in the mail .  

20180130_163657.jpg

20180130_163651.jpg

You won't believe how much weight I saved . The new tail frame is 5 pounds and the old vfr one is 27 pounds . The vfr seat and plastic under tail is a extra 10 pounds .   I haven't weighed everything yet but will post the weight when finished .  

Archived