Tyres

BiKenG

Anyone changed tyres yet? To what? Any good?

Just looking at what Bridgestone have to offer, you could go for their newest 'Adventure' tyre, the A40, or in fact the T30 is available in suitable sizes. I wonder how these would compare.

Is this Kenny G ??? :491: j/k

Ken, what model Honda do you own? A VFR, a Crossrunner or what? Are you looking to run adventure tires on a VFR or just updating tires on a Crossrunner?

The BT T-30's are a great Sport/Sport Tour tire. :beer:

I've changed tires a lot, number one expense after gas, I've settled on Angel GTs, to each their own, lots of good choices out there.

Baily, you should start planning for next years Oregon Trail II ride, you won't believe the roads. See the Oregon Trail threads from last year. Call me if you want some more info, we're planning an epic ride next year.

Lee in Duvall, WA

• 2 years later...

I put on Metzeler Tourance Next before my trip last week.   1500 miles and they're showing almost no wear.   Seem to take a lot to break in, but I haven't been able to flog it like normal yet.  

Although it handles well, I'm surprised by the amount of noise.   Right around 50mph it's a really noisy tire.  Especially the rear .  Don't notice it below 40 or above 60, so it's only there that it's strange. 

Archived