Delkevic 8" Carbon Fiber Slip On System Installed On 6Th Gen

VifferCrab

Here we go:

57ef0a50a6076088b87ba8d649322948.jpg

031845f88f706d718018e4c14bd46b11.jpg

Out with old, heavy and dirty...

87f7cb866b114bbf2c1c8eaa451aaf5b.jpg

Needed a little clean up. Previous owner just let it sit...

6991debbd8a56d9f70cdfdfa0e06105b.jpg

Mid pipe in...

2693752b4375540e3f188e7fdd66e488.jpg

51ae03cbec53a449b77432d1261715b6.jpg

Cans on before final adjustment

a7b5c06f2ececb08eb846062fdfa1ffc.jpg

Oh, hello mister y-pipe

2bc4606b880c03e9e96709073e6aba4f.jpg

Getting there....

bb02a79b4bfaeb8bf486f5e049fadbf4.jpg

2fa5df382391aad0399f628603518dc0.jpg

Boom!

5abfe920c8f75865d4b3403ccfefb6f5.jpg

984b091f626a77af3d095b291e4813e7.jpg

Construction appears to be good, but what the hell do I know. The "carbon fiber" is just a wrap, but I figured that going in. We'll see how that stands up. Overall fitment is spot-on and install was a breeze. I've never really wrenched on bikes before, but have for years on cars. All the same, I suppose.

I'm happy with the purchase, and feel I got decent value. However, when I purchased it last week, It was out of stock, so they drop shipped it direct from their factory in China. I saw the amount the package was declared for, and it was A LOT less than retail. And I do mean A LOT. Margins are high, LOL.

It sounds delicious. I'll get better pics and sound clip here shortly. Sorry for messy garage. Meh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice. I like the way it sounds, and the fit and finish looks good. I am going to get rid of my Staintunes and replace it with this system, except I will also buy new headers as well.

I dunno man... looks like you can see a definite seam, just like it would with a carbon wrap (sticker) material. To me, it looks exactly like this. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, and I'm happy with it.

post-33389-0-51692400-1438699281.jpg

ill have to take a close-up pic of mine. i can actually feel the fibers through the clear-coat they put over the top. now whether they laid real carbon over a steel tube, perhaps, and ill double check that too. but the carbon itself is definitely real on mine, and there will be seam either way since its unlikely they used a custom woven tube as opposed to forming a sheet into a cylinder.

Looks good, sounds good. Much deeper sound.

Not too loud, but maybe need to adjust my speaker volume.

Double barrel shotgun. :beer:

Great looking (and sounding) cans!

Thanks, very happy with it to this point.

Looks good, sounds good. Much deeper sound.

Not too loud, but maybe need to adjust my speaker volume.

Double barrel shotgun. :beer:

Still has the DB Killers on it, but it's loud enough for me. Plus, it just looks cooler with them in there, IMO.

i was going to ask about that. i took my baffles out, and while i LOVE the sound, i get some slight popping on decel. nothing i cant stand, but i dont think there is quite enough back pressure with them out and it ends up spitting just a little oil back into the airbox.

• 1 month later...

The cans look and sound absolutely fantastic!! Am seriously considering buying this kit for my 2005 bike. One question I would like to ask you is, where did you get you rear 'tail tidy' (fender eliminator) from?? I've searched high & low for one like that and I've never seen one like the one you have fitted? Did you purchase that (and if so where from) or was it a home fabrication / modification??

• Member Contributer

The cans look and sound absolutely fantastic!! Am seriously considering buying this kit for my 2005 bike. One question I would like to ask you is, where did you get you rear 'tail tidy' (fender eliminator) from?? I've searched high & low for one like that and I've never seen one like the one you have fitted? Did you purchase that (and if so where from) or was it a home fabrication / modification??

He disassembled the fender assembly and mounted the metal part back on the bike without the big plastic fender.

• Member Contributer

Competition Werkes fender eliminator.... VERY TIGHT fit with the Delkevic exhaust.... some minor license plate trim was required... but well worth it...

Thanks tbzep. I did wonder if that's what he'd done. Thanks for letting me know :-)

Competition Werkes fender eliminator... tight fit though...

• Member Contributer

Competition Werkes fender eliminator.... VERY TIGHT fit with the Delkevic exhaust.... some minor license plate trim was required... but well worth it...

Thanks tbzep. I did wonder if that's what he'd done. Thanks for letting me know :-)

Competition Werkes fender eliminator... tight fit though...

Sorry JMS. I didn't watch the video because I've seen/heard a dozen or so Delkevic videos. I didn't notice that you had something different than VifferCrab's photos. SJT, VifferCrab modified his OEM unit like I said in the earlier post. JMS obviously used the CW eliminator.

As for being a tight fit, what I did with mine is to bend the edges of the plate with ViceGrip sheet metal pliars just enough to keep it from rubbing.

$_35.JPG

• 1 month later...

Sorry I'm late on this, been a little busy with changing a few things on the bike.

Yes, I disassembled the fender and conveyed only the bracket that held it, back to the bike. Bolted the plate to it, and voila.

Here's a couple new pics of the cans, up against the refreshed bike.

These are in a few spots on this forum, mostly in the 6th gen section. I'll place time here too, for the passers-by

They've held up great, and if I had to do it all over again, I'd buy them without hesitation.

22ec3b09d60b72f84e91f4bc4e1a8ed5.jpg

2cb25aaf6779910aeb58dc971572590d.jpg

• 4 months later...

I just bought and installed the full Delkevic system. The headers DO make a difference in the sound. Deeper and throatier. Loud as HELL too without the baffles. It actually almost sounds like a V8 when it is Idling. When the VTECH kicks in EVERYBODY around knows its you!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived