6 Gen Reverse Shifter

yycviffer

• Member Contributer

Hey Guys,

Well a couple of years ago I embarked on a project to replace the rear sets on my 5 Gen with the that of a 6 Gen. The reasons were two fold; Firstly, I thought they looked tons better. Secondly, I wanted to have an option for a different rear set in the future. Well I have been looking at the Sato sets but was kinda choking on the $600+ price. The I looked at the 8 Gen quick shifter but that was $400 plus a new step holder. I knew the new step holder was key so bought that and then starting going through the Honda parts bin. This is what I have come up with. The pedal is in almost the exact same position as stock and I am just waiting on the arm for the gearshift lever to come in. So far though, I am pretty happy with where its going. Plus all stock Honda parts. Always nice and no need to do anything to the right side.

post-21431-0-17826300-1436961341.jpg

post-21431-0-30920000-1436961355.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Hey Guys,

Well a couple of years ago I embarked on a project to replace the rear sets on my 5 Gen with the that of a 6 Gen. The reasons were two fold; Firstly, I thought they looked tons better. Secondly, I wanted to have an option for a different rear set in the future. Well I have been looking at the Sato sets but was kinda choking on the $600+ price. The I looked at the 8 Gen quick shifter but that was $400 plus a new step holder. I knew the new step holder was key so bought that and then starting going through the Honda parts bin. This is what I have come up with. The pedal is in almost the exact same position as stock and I am just waiting on the arm for the gearshift lever to come in. So far though, I am pretty happy with where its going. Plus all stock Honda parts. Always nice and no need to do anything to the right side.

It looks like he bought an 8th gen foot peg bracket (QS style) and mounted it to his 6th gen lower cushion that is grafted onto a 5th gen VFR. Brilliant!

Details on what shift lever and and push rod are being used is lacking and I would LOVE to have more info please!!!

Edited by Rush2112

• Member Contributer

Is there a thread about fitting 6th gen rearsets to a 5th gen? Straight parts swap?

Cheers,

Yeah, just need to put a 6th gen lower cushion on the 5th gen... some differences in the swingarm pivot bolt end nut but still an easy swap. I did it on my track bike project.