Se Missouri Riding

30Bones

Friend and I are going to be staying at a family members in Fenton for a few nights on our annual bike trip and would like any destinations in the area to ride to or highways to hit. Mark Twain is an obvious choice, I'm just more familiar with KC than STL.

Central MO is awesome I just don't want to make our days too long where we are riding back to Fenton at midnight. Both of us are on 5th gens

a20b85c4f23ff3b2d0809eacee22496e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of great roads for day rides by the STL

mark twain is a fun run to Bixby and grab a bite at the gas station

HWY P a few miles out of Potosi has a blind left handed down hill that's bumpy and collects a lot of bodywork in the ditches.

19 out of the west side of mark twain is a good road and can ride quite a ways down pending on time allowances

Piedmont also has some Butler gold roads to tool around on down that way

For a half day ride a loop out to Washington for lunch and then back on 94 is a a good Missouri River hills ride

When are u coming down this way?

Also Rush is down here and should chime in. Although he is prolly at church this morning praying for the will to finish his bike project and the exhaust re release.

Pm me and we can talk more

I sent u a pm

Last weekend of September is hog tie

Other than that September is good here, sometimes still hot

Pending on days mite join you

Thanks for the helps thus far. I am not planning on creating any GPS routes, just some way points of places to head towards. We did routing last year and while we had a great ride in WI, it was a lot of effort. I just want to wing this one.

Oh glad to see there is something nice around Ft Leonardwood. That town is an absolute dump :beer:

All roads mentioned are good ones. From St Louis we would start out from Potosi. Since MO does not have an abundance of good roads in a given area,something we do is run the good roads in both directions or as many times as you desire. Then we ride to the next area.

If possible consider tying your ride in with the Hog Tie in AR. Would make for a great twisty getaway.

All roads mentioned are good ones. From St Louis we would start out from Potosi. Since MO does not have an abundance of good roads in a given area,something we do is run the good roads in both directions or as many times as you desire. Then we ride to the next area.

If possible consider tying your ride in with the Hog Tie in AR. Would make for a great twisty getaway.

I'd love to get down into AR again for some riding, but that is a helluva haul for us at 9+ hours flat slabbing it there with only a 4-5 day weekend available.

Yeah i was stationed there from 09 to 11 and lived in lebanon. Best ride is 125 south from marshfield to bull shoals lake, ride the ferry accross and go south into arkansas.

Yeah i was stationed there from 09 to 11 and lived in lebanon. Best ride is 125 south from marshfield to bull shoals lake, ride the ferry accross and go south into arkansas.

Did that years ago on a dual sport trip and loved it. I'd almost trade my VFR for another dual sport. Miss that aspect of riding terribly. Pavement is sooooo boring in Iowa.

SDC11483-XL.jpg

IMG_2711-XL.jpg

Making notes for roads to hit or towns to mark as waypoints, but I'm not planning rides. Would rather have some destinations and let the GPS get us there and back "home" every night. Will be in Fenton Wednesday night the 16th and headed home Sunday the 20th. So 3 solid days of riding and we aren't afraid of 8+ hour days if the riding is good. We loath interstate and prefer back country roads. Less miles and more smiles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

A few good roads in the area... You'll need to ride out of Fenton a little bit to hit them. There is like 4 National Forests and National Scenic Waterway parks in the area K-Dude was mentioning. I'm about two towns over and if I'm not traveling for work would love to tag along... maybe the blown beast will bring up the rear... if he's feeling up to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Stands up around noon Wednesday when I have 32 hours in for this workweek :schla15:. Mew Michelin PR4GT spooned on and refilled with Mobil 1 4T.

Will be in Fenton that afternoon and leaving/returning there every night. Homeward on Sunday. Zero plans, zero itinerary, zero time line. Lots of riding, site seeing, maybe some hiking around and smelling the roses.

LookingHard, thanks again for the map links, I have around 10 on my GPS

KDON I will try to hit you up once we are down there and know more of what we intend to do...or don't intend to do :comp13:

I just want to give a HUGE thanks to KDON. He took us on a fantastic ride to Herman and back. That's when my wiring failed and he waited with us for far too long making sure we got where we needed to go. Tow truck back to base camp, Uhaul the next morning and I was on my way home. Bike is completely torn down to motor/frame already. I plan to address lots of wiring hacks done over the past 3 owners, have it looked at by a pro with a fine tooth comb and replace whatever is needed to make it safe again. Battery relocation? Ability to get it some air? Man it gets hot in that area.

I will figure out what went wrong and get it fixed properly and be back on the road next season. I want to give up on this bike, but need to fix it right anyway to sell it, might as well keep it and enjoy it. The motor is too sweet to let go and I am unsure what would replace it with to be honest. Another 6th gen? Sprint 1050? I can't let sport touring go and an ST1300 or the like just seems boring like a sewing machine.

Next year I will be back new and improved. Do they still sell plastics for these? I need a cowl section, mine got melted a goof bit :)

• Member Contributer

Watch out for that KDON guy lol. Glad he was there to help you out. I've seen him do that before with another rider. The 5th Gen charging system is bullet proof when modified correctly. And I've run a few custom rewind stators and never had one issue. Something in there is giving you fits. Bad grounds will kill a charging system quick.

Thanks, I have a lot of things to look into. I'd rather find someone more experience than myself to give it all a detailed look over. PO's have spliced in here and there, wires just hanging not attached to anything. :fing02:

Want to get a fuse block for GPS, heated grips, and powered tankbag. No idea how the grips or GPS are currently wired in. Heated grips may even go bye bye.

glad you made it down and enjoyed saturdays ride

its always great meeting vfrd folks

hopefully you can make it back down next year

you guys from Iowa are proficient at the 2 up slthough not quite up to the team gloryracing pace yet

why does the tall guy ride pillion?

post-26978-0-01295100-1442976603.jpg

I expect no less . Again. I really appreciate the ride tour as well as waiting around for the tow truck and fetching a battery.

And we are the same height, pillion adds to my stature

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived