Picture Thread

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, NZCam said:

Greg, what camera (?) are you mounting above your left wing-mirror stalk?

Cheers - C.

That's my laser cannon :tongue:   No, actually it's just an LED flasher - a Bontrager Ion 35.  Here's a link and a vid:

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/equipment/cycling-accessories/bike-lights/bontrager-ion-35/p/12536/

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
16 hours ago, rckrzy1 said:

I'm pretty sure that strobing lite will get you a ticket.

Perhaps - but the cops in my area don't seem to care and it's better to see your neme on a ticket than on a death certificate.  I noticed that many of the bikes at the  2017 IBR had some sort of strobing LED (see vid below):

On 6/29/2017 at 1:22 AM, GatorGreg said:

I agree , many times I do things to avoid putting myself in harms way that could be ticketed for , I will always speed past a 18 wheeler, not getting killed by a retread coming off. There are kids here that use strobes to change lights like emergency vehicles use. 

Perhaps - but the cops in my area don't seem to care and it's better to see your neme on a ticket than on a death certificate.  I noticed that many of the bikes at the  2017 IBR had some sort of strobing LED (see vid below):

On 6/29/2017 at 1:22 AM, GatorGreg said:

I agree , many times I do things to avoid putting myself in harms way that could be ticketed for , I will always speed past a 18 wheeler, not getting killed by a retread coming off. There are kids here that use strobes to change lights like emergency vehicles use. 

• Member Contributer
On 6/25/2017 at 9:58 PM, NZCam said:

Greg, what camera (?) are you mounting above your left wing-mirror stalk?

I know he said it's a bicycle light but to me it looked like it could have been something along the lines of a Contour Roam.

• Member Contributer
On 7/8/2017 at 5:40 AM, VifferJ said:

Some great pics and bikes on this thread, here's my new to me 2014.

I saw that come up in EDR's Facebook postings. What did they do for you?

Remounted my wheels (new tires), changed the oil, washed and waxed. Light was failing by the time I got around to taking the picture.

IMG_20170710_210921.jpg

• Member Contributer
53 minutes ago, lazyeye said:

I saw that come up in EDR's Facebook postings. What did they do for you?

Just getting some new rubber, went with the PR4's. 

IMG_5296_zpsqhwr951t.jpg

IMG_5295_zpsrqqz416d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer
On 7/11/2017 at 1:24 AM, VifferJ said:

Just getting some new rubber, went with the PR4's. 

IMG_5296_zpsqhwr951t.jpg

IMG_5295_zpsrqqz416d.jpg

Best tires I ever had! Good choice!

They weren't bad when new, but once I passed 2000 miles, they really started to wear uneven and started to feel pretty crappy.  I think I only got about 4000 miles out of them.  Unless you do a lot of rain riding, I don't think the PR4 is that great on a VFR.  I like the Dunlop Roadsmart line and the Angel GT the best.

Archived