Picture Thread

• Member Contributer
55 minutes ago, lazyeye said:

I escaped the gloom of the valley and went to the coast.

Alsea Bridge. Waldport. Lovely bike. Possibly the best looking VFR -- although I'm also partial to the original 86 RWB (maybe that one is more of a WBR?). And a very atypical sunny Thanksgiving weekend at the coast. No doubt the chilly coast range made for a bracing ride. Do you have heated gear or did you just tough it out?

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
12 hours ago, RobF said:

Alsea Bridge. Waldport. Lovely bike. Possibly the best looking VFR -- although I'm also partial to the original 86 RWB (maybe that one is more of a WBR?). And a very atypical sunny Thanksgiving weekend at the coast. No doubt the chilly coast range made for a bracing ride. Do you have heated gear or did you just tough it out?

Heated gear! I'm a wuss about the cold. Although I turned off the heated gear while I was at the coast because it was in the low 50s.

• Member Contributer

Just a happy snap out and about the other day, celebrating some post covid-19 lockdown freedom. Bike well on it's way to 80,000kms and performing better than new! Love it.

20201125_103614.jpg

• Member Contributer
On 12/2/2020 at 8:32 PM, Grum said:

Just a happy snap out and about the other day, celebrating some post covid-19 lockdown freedom. Bike well on it's way to 80,000kms and performing better than new! Love it.

20201125_103614.jpg

A "Fastest-Color" machine is a proper (stationary) natural pose. Nice!

On 12/2/2020 at 9:32 PM, Grum said:

One huge thing I loved about my 6th gen was it seemed like its performance did not diminish with age and miles.  Of course I don't have dyno numbers to prove it, but I think it ran pretty much as strong at 100,000 miles as it did at 10,000.  Maybe that's one reason I never got bored with it.  🙂

• Member Contributer
On 12/6/2020 at 7:06 AM, TimC said:

One huge thing I loved about my 6th gen was it seemed like its performance did not diminish with age and miles.  Of course I don't have dyno numbers to prove it, but I think it ran pretty much as strong at 100,000 miles as it did at 10,000.  Maybe that's one reason I never got bored with it.  🙂

That seems so typical of Honda - some way - whether through design or materials selection of whatever, they just don't seem to wear out!  I would love it if there was a delivery rider or similar that's gotten to 500,000 miles on one. 

4 hours ago, Cogswell said:

That seems so typical of Honda - some way - whether through design or materials selection of whatever, they just don't seem to wear out!  I would love it if there was a delivery rider or similar that's gotten to 500,000 miles on one. 

How bout over 800,000 miles?  🙂

Britain's highest mileage rider.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 1/25/2021 at 12:08 AM, VifferJ said:

Noticing the gen 8 Viffer and the 17-19 CBR1000rrSP have the exact same front fender, twinzies. 😎

thumbnail_IMG_0856.jpg?width=1920&height

Its surprising how many parts it shares with the blade. Including brake parts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I wish....:sad:

Not above 0 deg C all day and -8 tonight. Whilst most of the ice and snow has melted in the bright sunlight, there's black ice patches everywhere so the bike is warmly tucked away in the garage for another few days yet.

Archived