Picture Thread

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
17 minutes ago, Rambler358 said:

Early coffee stop at SoCal's famous Cook's Corner.
86323adfb9b280cc22132cec1bf750e9.jpg

First time I've seen it without a swarm of cruisers!

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Rambler358 said:

Got there at 10am. I was the only one there, but it was open!

I guess nobody drinking that early in the morning. :wink:

On 17/08/2016 at 8:47 PM, Tbone322 said:

Vacation in the black hills.  Mount Rushmore and the Badlands of South Dakota. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice bike.  Ordering my panniers soon.  What are those black things, one attached to each side of your fairing?  Do you have the quickshifter and are you happy with it (would you buy it again)?

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎18 at 1:29 AM, TechRider said:

Nice bike.  Ordering my panniers soon.  What are those black things, one attached to each side of your fairing?  Do you have the quickshifter and are you happy with it (would you buy it again)?

R&G crash protection:

http://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/Honda/VFR800F/2014/CP0370/

• Member Contributer
33 minutes ago, drphil said:

I am also interested in these since I am going to be a lot on track next year. 
Are they easy to install?

They require the fairings to be cut. I had mine supplied and installed FOC as part of the deal when buying the bike, no way was I drilling the fairings.

• Member Contributer

Unless you're riding track, crash bobbins/frame sliders are just asking for trouble. 

I've seen tons of instances where VFRs went down with them, and their fairing still got scratched. On rare occasions, it'll brake the mount point (aka the frame). 

The fairings do a great job protecting the bike in case of a down. They're not exactly cheap, but I'd rather have my bike land on a fairing instead of isolating all of the pressure to a single point (frame slider).

• Member Contributer

Argument has been done to death, it's personal choice. 

I'm a short arse so worry about the bike going down if a foot slips or whilst I'm moving it. As to whether they will be better or worse coming off at speed depends on a variety of factors. Sometimes they will be beneficial, sometimes detrimental.

My ZX10R came off it's stand, the bobbins saved me a pile of grief and money.

15 hours ago, Nelix said:

They require the fairings to be cut. I had mine supplied and installed FOC as part of the deal when buying the bike, no way was I drilling the fairings.

Yes, you need a 28mm hole in exactly the right place, lined up with the bolt that runs through the frame and engine in the V between the front & rear cylinders. I did it on my '99 and almost got it right...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I just fitted a quick shifter over the last few days. Probably took me about 3-4 hours all in but could now do it in under an hour. Utter pain trying to get the clips out underneath the lower fairing, ended up breaking two but cheap enough to buy. Quick shifter itself is easy to fit once the fairings are off.

PDF instructions

Quickshifter install.pdf

• 6 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Just back from a great ride to Bright and Mount Beauty in North East Victoria. Some fabulous roads and scenery. From now onwards snow and very cold, frosty, foggy weather starts to settle in. Fantastic place for riding in early Autumn. 

Cheers 

IMG_5882a.JPG

On 12/11/2016 at 8:17 PM, Rambler358 said:

I've got the Honda quickshifter, and yes I'd buy it again.

Had one once, found I can blip the throttle about just as fast , really un necessary IMO. There is no magic in them, just pulls the timing or fuel to take the load off the gears .

Archived