4Th Of July Weekend

V-FORE

• Member Contributer

I am meeting some of my Vic Van friends up in Squamish for the Squamish Motorcycle Festival http://squamishmotorcyclefestival.com/ and thought I would post it up if anybody else might be going. I am taking the Long route up

4th of July trip

Looking forward to a getting away and enjoying twisty roads in the awesome weather we are having in the Northwest!

Looks like a nice long ride. Have fun Gary.

You remember Jake on his Harley, and Jim, Bizbat, and I rode to Hood River a few weeks ago, just an overnighter, hit Everybody's Brewing after getting to town, and rode up FS 25 and took the side trip to Windy Ridge east side of Mt. St. Helens, then home around east side of Rainier, great ride.

Two weeks ago I rode around Hood Canal and last week Jim and I took a three ferry ride, Edmonds to Kingston, to Port Townsend, beer, then ferry to Whidbey Island, then rode some nice roads south and took another ferry to Muliteo. By the way, there is a very good pizza place on the Mukilteo Speedway called Brooklyn's, try the one with artichoke hearts, yummy.

Ride safe

Lee in Duvall

• Member Contributer

Ferry rides are fun to work in to a ride. Gives a natural break and bikes are always first on and first off! Lots of fun places to see in Puget Sound. On Whidbey there's always the A6 photo op near NAS Whidbey and then there's the gun battery at Ft Casey with the huge guns moved there that are riddled with gouges from bullets in WWII. Interesting stuff.

• Member Contributer

Gary, I'm out, I just can't swing it with being on call at work and trying to meet prior obligations. I've put in for time off in September though.

Archived