Just A Note To Those On The Road

Guest Recalcitrance

On the /r/motorcycles subreddit a few days ago, someone posted a video of some guy riding like an idiot.

This rider was the most obnoxious, self-rightous, wannabe vigilante bastard I've ever seen ride.

He left from his gated community home and would break the mirrors of anyone committing the smallest infractions (a non-signaled turn like 90 feet in front of him, where he would suddenly accelerate and be like "wow that guy almost killed me"), then race away like a little punk.

I've only ever reported one youtube channel in my life.  It feels dirty to have done it, but for that one video, it was the only time I felt like the need to.  He was literally committing crimes on youtube, getting ad revenue for it and then begging for Patreon donations.

Another Youtuber, Yammie Noob, who tends to be a little street Rossi, just recently ramped himself off the hood of a Porche (or Corvette, not 100% sure).  It's his second accident in a year.  Some of these motovloggers don't really seem to have much respect for the sport.

I'll admit that you tube is interesting at times,but most of the cycle videos I see are just plain scary, I had never split lanes in the 40 years I have been riding,

yet everyone there seems to think it's a right and not dangerous. Excessive speed seems to be what they have to do to attract readers. It's a whole culture

that I am unfamiliar with and NOT comfortable with.

Thanks for manning up and reporting that guy.

Chris Hammond

• Member Contributer
On 6/29/2015 at 8:14 PM, VFR4Lee said:

I remember one rider telling me something about riding in "video game mode". :ohmy:

Screen name Jackass or something.

Great, but you only get 1 life. I won't ride with those types anymore. :sleep:

Speaking of Video Mode, when I first got to someplace worth leaning over for, it was easy for me to imagine my face shield was a video frame and the road coming at me was a video movie. That was in the Smokey Mountains. I'll never forget it.

Be warned: it's addictive!

Archived