Hydrolocked By Left Rear Cylinder

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I say the god Neptune has decided to punish him for 30 years of bad jokes.

So you're giving him credit for 20-something years of good ones?

• Member Contributer

Do the 6th Gen have intake runner boots? Injector seals as suggested before. You could always try the Lucas trick, add smoke then used compressed air to force it out and see where it escapes.

• Member Contributer

Pair valve plates...95% sure now.

The last time we pulled the left rear plug to start it turned about a 1/4 turn and stopped. Pulled the other rear plug and they both exhausted a good 2 ozs of water...I was in charge of the camera phone (Mini's phone so he needs to edit the video) and only caught the last of the water as it dripped from the underside of the tank.

We have ordered a set of pair valve plates from a member and will keep you posted on their efficacy at remediating this issue once installed.

For those of you in Rio Linda that means that we will let you know if it fixes the problem :wink:

• Member Contributer

For those of you in Rio Linda that means that we will let you know if it fixes the problem :wink:

Pretty cold man. Funny as sh!t, but cold.

Remember to notify CNN and Fox the microsecond you have the results. Not exactly sure where the Vegas line is but I will look into it and post later today. It's gettin out of control CC. Hope you have time to make the Talk Show circuit when it's finally over.

Wait, what is the problem again, A PAIR of leaky spark plugs or something?

KEB

• Member Contributer

Don't get the ref, but I'm not stoned on Oxy's... :wacko:

• Member Contributer

Just for my satisfaction I would put that cylinder on TDC and pull the plug and insert a adapter and pressurize the cylinder. Then listen for escaping air. Don't know if it will enlighten the problem or not BUT we are fast approaching a brick wall .

Roll On ..

Figured that was it .

Don't get the ref, but I'm not stoned on Oxy's... :wacko:

I am! Still not funny.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

We installed (the royal we) new pair valves sourced from a member here (Mello Dude) and they appear to be better made than the cheaper ones we had previously purchased on fleaBay.... Mello Dude gets $29.95 a pair for them plus shipping.

We are now 4 days without rain since the installation of the new pair valves so we don't know anything yet but I have a suspicion that we (again, the royal we but this time instead of meaning "MiniCarver" it means the collective of this amazing forum) have solved the problem.

Stuck a water hose on full throttle under the seat area and parked it on the kick stand for a couple of hours but that doesn't mean anything yet. Next chance of rain here is Wednesday.

It's storming like we Royally (the royal we) pissed Zeus off and he's trying to bring our house down so i'll definitely know tomorrow if the new plates fixed the problem. Thanks again MelloDude.

• Member Contributer

It's storming like we Royally (the royal we) pissed Zeus off and he's trying to bring our house down so i'll definitely know tomorrow if the new plates fixed the problem. Thanks again MelloDude.

No problem guys, hope it works out for you.

• Member Contributer

You make it to work today?

• Member Contributer

:lurk:

• Member Contributer

He did...after pulling the left rear plug and pumping about two ounces of rainwater out...

:sad:

Still diagnosing...may even resort to fabricating a dome cover for the rear head....not sure what to do next or where to look.

I think he is going to put some tires on his 4th Gen and commute on it while he takes the 5th gen engine back out of the 6G frame...

it realistically can only be 4 things:

pair

spark plug threads

intake

exhaust

one would think the exhaust could be eliminated, because water will not defy gravity. Then you go to what was modified...aha. Deduction has shown it to be the pair system.

BTW, you should really fill that jug with oil while you figure it out. That much water on top of the piston is scary.

Archived