VF500F2 Aka MBD Incubation Period At Least 52 Years

Dutchy

• Member Contributer

As TheDutchy said, envy...walked into bike store, I'll look at the Shoei I said, they start at $800.00 Aus he said, I'll look at the Kubota i said...I did go for the carbon fibre one though. $450.00 Aus thanks! It's nice, but doesn't have HRC on it.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, Dutchy said:

:sad: nobody likes my new helmet?

Need bike pics for arousal.  Have any of those?

• Member Contributer

Christmas did come early this year!!!!

Thanks to Crossan Motorcycles Ltd / thevisorshop.com :beer:

Yes, the weak UK Pound led me to them, but their staff is friendly and knowledgeable too (I phoned them to inquire and later make an addition to my order). Top marks!

I did ask 2 local dealers if they could do anything on their RRP's (not asking them to match..) but no "this is a limited edition ARAI".

So 220 euro less, shipped yesterday, arrived just now.

I will let the pictures do the talking.....

IMAG5668 (2).jpg

IMAG5669 (2).jpg

IMAG5671 (2).jpg

IMAG5672 (2).jpg

IMAG5673 (2).jpg

IMAG5674 (2).jpg

IMAG5675 (3).jpg

IMAG5676 (2).jpg

IMAG5679 (2).jpg

IMAG5677 (2).jpg

IMAG5680 (2).jpg

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

Hahahahaha!

We'd say "the devil craps in the same spot" here in Utrecht....

But using your phrase, being terminated by the company after 30 year service felt more like a vulture crapping on me than a pigeon.... :-)

But then again, in a year or so it might all end up smelling of roses...... 

good choise, nice color  -  I have a 15 year old arai that had it's pension now  - only thing arai does'nt come with build in sunglasses, and never will - so I've been told

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Polarbear said:

Very very nice lid. I really like it. Matches the current bike too. The key word being current...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well.....................    the Honda wing that Drudi put on the helmet does ring a bell...................

rc51-02a.jpg

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
19 minutes ago, Helweg Denmark said:

good choise, nice color  -  I have a 15 year old arai that had it's pension now  - only thing arai does'nt come with build in sunglasses, and never will - so I've been told

Yes they refuse to put a visor inside as they believe it compromises their design/technical philosophy

so they come up with "Pro-Shade" for some of their helmets (not the ones with the new VAS visor yet), the sunvisor is clamped on top of the regular visor

openlr1.jpg

Can't help but think that this will increase wind noise for sure.  If anyone here can tell us otherwise.... :-)

• Member Contributer

Very nice helmet. How are you doing? Hope you are doing better !

• Member Contributer

Yes they refuse to put a visor inside as they believe it compromises their design/technical philosophy

so they come up with "Pro-Shade" for some of their helmets (not the ones with the new VAS visor yet), the sunvisor is clamped on top of the regular visor

openlr1.jpg

Can't help but think that this will increase wind noise for sure.  If anyone here can tell us otherwise.... :-)

I can tell you otherwise.

C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

A linguist lost for words?    come on man, spill the beans!!!! :goofy: 

Who knows, they may launch it for the VAS visor too.....

• Member Contributer

What can I say, I'm a man of few words, and even fewer thoughts...

Joking aside, this shield is close to perfection for me. It is well put together, and this design is very good, to the point of not interfering with the airflow that goes over the helmet. I do not notice any difference when I switch from this shield and the clear OEM one that came with the helmet for night riding. It is sometimes a tad harder to lock it in place, but it's not bad. I really like the design which puts the tinted visor outside and keeps the structural integrity of the lid itself. I think it is very smart, and god knows that in case the unlikely event of a front-end collision, I will use all the structural strength and integrity I can get. 

The only beef I have with it, and I have with other shields as well, is that it does not fully close and lock on my Arai. But I suspect, because I have the same issue with other shields, that it is because the plastic rim around the basket is about 2mm off and the locking groove just does match the visor's. I should try and fix it myself. 

In any case, I recommend this shield, I think it is an excellent one. 

C

• Member Contributer
On 10/19/2016 at 1:20 AM, Dutchy said:

openlr1.jpg

It also allows them to remain SNELL certified. As far as I am aware there is no helmet that has an internal sun visor that also has a SNELL certification. Not only is having an external sun shade keep you from having to redesign your helmet, it can allow for other helmets to be retro fitted as well.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Yup. Makes total sense to me to not mock about with that designation. Means the world to that company I'm sure. 

Did I mention that this visor makes for a pretty good ice breaker to start conversations with total strangers too?? Hopefully, it may get lady riders to start talking to us too... just saying. 

C

Hey guys,

Seeing you talk about helmets I thought I would ask your opinion on modular helmets? I have two helmets: An old CL-MAX I got hand-me-down from my aunt and I've got a CL-17 full face (new).

The CL-MAX fits perfectly and has a new tinted visor for the sun. The CL-17 does not fit with the foam inserts, so it bumps around a little on the hard foam. It has a clear visor, so I usually wear it after dark. CL-17 is Snell and DOT, but the CL-MAX was made before Snell testing was popular I think.

• Member Contributer
20 minutes ago, Tyy said:

Hey guys,

Seeing you talk about helmets I thought I would ask your opinion on modular helmets? I have two helmets: An old CL-MAX I got hand-me-down from my aunt and I've got a CL-17 full face (new).

The CL-MAX fits perfectly and has a new tinted visor for the sun. The CL-17 does not fit with the foam inserts, so it bumps around a little on the hard foam. It has a clear visor, so I usually wear it after dark. CL-17 is Snell and DOT, but the CL-MAX was made before Snell testing was popular I think.

Currently all modular and helmets with internal sun shades will not have a SNELL rating. Regarding your ill fitting CL-17, it would appear that the helmet is either the wrong size for you or the wrong shape. I would go to an MC shop and have someone help you get a helmet fitted properly.

Whether you choose a full face or modular is up to you. For me there are only two modulars that I have tried and felt worthy of buying, one I actually own. These are the Schuberth C3 (now C3-Pro) and the other is the Shoei Neo-tech. The Schuberth, for me, is my favaorite and is what I own but the Shoei is a very close second. Both helmets will run you a decent amount of $ but IMO the fit and finish of both these helmets is top notch. From my experience the liner shape of the HJC is close to Shoei but only it shape, not in fit and feel. If that makes sense.

• Member Contributer

Well, it all started last May, with an invite to ride biatch with Mamola on the GP16 2-seater.

snag was, weight limit (with regular dress) = 90 kilo.  Ooops I was 96 in the buff..

6 weeks later though, I did make the "grade" and was feeling good in a smaller set of leathers...

IMAG4209 (2).jpg

continued the "regime" since, enjoying food, but simply LESS of it.....   ETFH 

Eat

The

Friggin

Half!!!!!  :beer:

Now at 84.7 kilo, it became obvious that my IXS leather pants were getting floppy.

During my Baltic tour I had already decided to go for a size down.

So from size 54, I now give you Dutchy 52!

PA211250.jpg

PA211254.jpg

PA211253.jpg

PA211251.jpg

I will loose/sell the sliders though, I will not use them in anger for sure.... :goofy:

Nice leathers Leon!!! I still fit my 48 leathers and use the sliders even I dont slide them in the road. They where usefull as I did hit a deer back in 2012! So now you only need one more thing....come spring and warm sun !

• Member Contributer

This is awesome Leon. Looking good in those leathers.  I was wondering what your secret was, and now we know: ETFH!!!   Hahaha. I might try that myself and loose a wee bit too. No doubt it will make a difference when you ride too, since there is less weight to throw around, especially on Puma. You will notice for sure. 

BTW, what happened to the high-viz approach you had with the old helmet? Will you add a high-viz vest of some sort to these leathers? 

There's a number of them out there, I have this one, in case you need inspiration: 

Hit-Air

Just saying...

Enjoy the new leathers!! 

C