Factory Pro Evo Shift Star Kits For Vfr800 Available Again!

Rush2112

• Member Contributer

Factory Pro EVO Shift Star Kits Available Again!!!

I have been waiting for one that I purchased at a discount price from MotoPartsHub for more than 5 months because they were on back order. I finally bit the bullet and ordered one in April directly from Marc S. at Factory Pro (innovator behind the product) at full price. I guess this was the tipping point so he went ahead and commissioned the machine shop to made another run of these SHFT-EVO-H91 kits for the VFR800 '98-'05 & interestingly enough, the '94 RC45.

I have talked with Marc personally and he is a GREAT guy... wealth of knowledge and a pleasure to deal with. Wanted to give anyone interested in these a heads up because they have been unobtanium for a little while...

I received my new run shift star kit from Marc last week and the MotoPartsHub one arrived today... now I have one for the street and one for the track!

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Edited by Rush2112

• Member Contributer

makes for more assured shifts, with much less slop. new starwheel and spring to turn the shift drum more crisply.

...also includes a new detent arm with roller bearings instead of factory bushing.

post-19432-0-07852600-1434075295.jpg

Link to website if interested, I have no affiliation with the site or products...

http://www.factorypro.com/

Edited by Rush2112

• Member Contributer

I've had this kit on my 98 for a few years now. Not too difficult to install and well worth the money and effort. Not that the stock arrangement is bad at all. But this makes something that's excellent.... Incredible! Just wave your left foot at the shift lever and a perfect shift happens! ... Quicker more positive shifts.

Shift Star Shipping from Factory Pro -

We were down to 1 or 2 vfr stars in December. The OP just missed getting the last one.

We ordered replacement star stock from our machinist 6 months ago.
With the complexity of the job, it's a complicated to run and we can't just run to a different machinist.
Anyway, finally, the end of May they get machined and sent out to heat treat - back at Factory Pro on about the 2nd.

Many many retail and distributor orders to fill and by the 5th of June, we had all the distributor orders and most of the retail orders shipped. We specially prioritized a few orders.

Distributors usually have immediate stock in-house to sell from and they can get it to a dealer in a day or two and that's at least as quick as we would do (and def less expensive).

In this case, I could see how a completely out of stock item would take longer to get to a dealer and then to a customer.

We might have to ship (5 days) to an east coast warehouse, checked in (1-2 days) and then to a dealer (a day or so).

As far as a "tipping point" to order vff800 (and rc45) stars - nope - we reorder when we get low.

Best Regards

Marc Salvisberg
Factory Pro Tuning

800 869-0497

• Member Contributer

We were down to 1 or 2 vfr stars in December. The OP just missed getting the last one.

With the complexity of the job, it's a complicated to run and we can't just run to a different machinist.

Anyway, finally, the end of May they get machined and sent out to heat treat - back at Factory Pro on about the 2nd.

Many many retail and distributor orders to fill and by the 5th of June, we had all the distributor orders and most of the retail orders shipped. We specially prioritized a few orders.

Distributors usually have immediate stock in-house to sell from and they can get it to a dealer in a day or two and that's at least as quick as we would do (and def less expensive).

In this case, I could see how a completely out of stock item would take longer to get to a dealer and then to a customer.

We might have to ship (5 days) to an east coast warehouse, checked in (1-2 days) and then to a dealer (a day or so).

As far as a "tipping point" to order vff800 (and rc45) stars - nope - we reorder when we get low.

Best Regards

Marc Salvisberg

Factory Pro Tuning

800 869-0497

Thanks for clearing that up! I apologize if I presented any misinformation. I'm just glad I finally got them in my hands...

Thank you for your product and expertise Marc!

Edited by Rush2112

• Member Contributer

makes for more assured shifts, with much less slop. new starwheel and spring to turn the shift drum more crisply.

+1, i was concerned about finding neutral with shift star, its easier, and now always use clutch less upshifts after 2nd

• Member Contributer

I think I'm getting one pretty soon. Gotta take a ride with new oil and see if that helps first.

I'm very dissatisfied with my '01's shifting. Even though it's very pricey, I am seriously considering buying one for my father's day gift to myself.

Thank you Rush2112!

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Best Regards

Marc Salvisberg

Factory Pro Tuning

800 869-0497

Marc it is great to see you posting on here. I've bought a few of your products (RF900 jet kit, ignition advancer and emulsion tubes, VFR800 shift star kit). I've been extremely impressed with every one of these, they have always been a considerable improvement on the OEM product.

Coming off a Suzuki onto a well-worn '99 VFR800 (50k miles), the baggy transmission stood out like dogs balls. The shift star kit was a HUGE improvement, easy to fit and with no downsides. If anyone is unhappy with their stock transmission and on the fence about installing one, Just Do It.

• Like 1