I Suck...please Help!

If I click the quote button nothing happens. I can reply but the quote does not show up. Is there a setting or some other simple fix.

Also I have tried to copy and paste with no such luck...nothing pastes.

???

Thanx!

If I click the quote button nothing happens. I can reply but the quote does not show up. Is there a setting or some other simple fix.

???

Thanx!

worked for me. I'm stumped

Hoping it is just a site setting or maybe even a setting on my laptop.

As stated, I suck with all this interweb stuff, so it could be some sort of operator error.

• Member Contributer

???

Thanx!

I would bet to say that most users are not experiencing this issue so it might be something relative to your computer or browser. Which leads to my question, what browser are you using?

• Member Contributer

Here's a link to the help topics from the main page.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=help

It mentions that there are two modes for replies - Rich Text Editor and Standard mode. Maybe the Standard mode does not accommodate quoting posts. It's toggled by clicking on the icon in the uppermost left hand portion of the reply box. You might try it and see what happens. There was nothing I could see specifically about quoting posts in the help forums tho.

Internet Explorer on a compac Presario with windows 7 OS.

If you are gonna suggest a different browser...How do I do that?

Sorry...I warned all upfront that I suck at this crap.

• Member Contributer

Click on "MultiQuote" first and then click on "Quote". That works for me with IE as well as Google Chrome.

Click on "MultiQuote" first and then click on "Quote". That works for me with IE as well as Google Chrome.

Bingo!!! You sir do not suck! Thanx.

Since you are on a roll, Any suggestions for why copy/pasting does not work?

• Member Contributer

Firefox is very popular. Download it, then go to your Downloads folder and run the install file. Once installed it will ask you if you want to make it your default browser (you can have more than 1). You might say "no" until you decide if you like it. It should auto-import your Favorites from IE over (FF calls them "Bookmarks" instead). Maybe only use it for VFRD if it solves the quoting a post issue.

• Member Contributer

Bingo!!! You sir do not suck! Thanx.

You need to call my wife and coworkers and let them know! :goofy:

Archived