Road Rage

Mattie660

• Member Contributer

The latest from the San Diego murder road rage crime last week. Seems the woman had a track record with restraining orders etc. Unfortunately in this case nothing done till it was too late.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/jun/02/woman-pleads-not-guilty-road-rage-zach-buob/

• Member Contributer

Thankfully there is almost zero road rage here,car drivers tend to make way for bikes,but you still have to watch out for smidys at junctions etc.

Best thing to do is not to react,and get away from trouble quick,you usually have the last laugh on a bike anyway as you can filter by all the traffic at the next junction.

• Member Contributer

And justice for all

-Metallica-

This evening I was on the motorway and saw in my rearview mirror a large beemer mc coming up fast with a big in yer face Audi right on its tail. it looked like the Audi was about to run the bmw of the road.

beemer moved left, audi moved left, maybe 2 yards distance. Mc to the right, Audi to the right.

by now they were in front of me and again the audi was giving chase. They kept speeding up so I started following, aware that on this stretch i received my award a month ago..

the Audi kept on his ass so the beemer took to the emergency lane/hard shoulder.

I decided to stop as well behind and in front of the Audi, blasting my horn as the beemer took to the grass...

rider stepped off, then saw it was a police officer from the unmarked vehicle section.

he thanked me for indeed that audi had been presuring him big time. He had just been able to switch his police sign on. that had calmed tge audi pronto.Shook hands and i drove off while the officer walked over "for a chat" with the audi...

ha!!!!

If anyone finds me behind the wheel of a beat up old Suburban/Tahoe that has a Moose crash bar/push bar on the front - you'll know that i've finally snapped........ THe next thing you'll see me doing is pushing the car in front of me into the intersection when they fail to move to the left of their lane - to allow me to make a right hand turn on red.......... yes - that would be highly gratifying.......... ROad rage - no - I don't have issues.........honest........

LOL......

• Member Contributer

One of the nice things about full face helmets with tinted shields:

You can yell/scream to your heart's content and no one sees it.

• Member Contributer

Just knowing that any other driver in nearly any other vehicle (gun or not) could easily ruin my day on a bike makes it very easy to just let most things go. In order to avoid provocation, I try to limit any gestures to other drivers to simple waves, nods, or an occasional palm up shrug. When riding solo, I'm fairly aggressive in traffic; passing as soon as there is an opportunity. But I'm careful not to cut anyone off or intentionally piss anyone off. Setting someone off into a fit of road-rage is never a good prospect, especially if you are on a bike. Carrying a weapon or having specialized training or self-defense skills doesn't do you much good if someone in a car or truck decides to run you over.

One of the nice things about full face helmets with tinted shields:

You can yell/scream to your heart's content and no one sees it.

And you can look completely impassive and expressionless - no emotion from the face and reflective shades cover your eyes - like a robot or some kind of droid..

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Interesting look of realization on his face as the adrenaline dropped and the comprehension of what he did and the fact that he was on video set in.

• Member Contributer

Does anyone else thinks the driver looks like Gollum?

Gollum-Smeagol-smeagol-gollum-14076899-9

The rider sure showed a lot of restraint...

Good job there. Maybe because he knew he was recording? :warranty:

What was wrong with the puncher? Geez. :unsure:

• Forum CEO

Ive been known to flip the bird a few times then accelerate the hell out of there before I have to 'confront' and individual. Yea people pack heat here in Colorado cause the car is an extension of the home and its legal to have a gun in your vehicle. The best part of motorcycling is getting the hell out of there with superior acceleration and maneuverability. People who stick around for a fight are just asking to see tragic circumstances. However there are situations that just really really test your fortitude!, folks merging from parking lots onto a busy road that cannot judge your distance and ruin your day, folks turning left are always a HUGE threat, folks merging off highways that dont see you in the lane just can ruin your day.

Also this week I have noticed 3 times drivers in a designated turn lane to turn left with a light and every thing, waiting to turn left. With a driver on the opposite side waiting to turn left, thinking its safe to turn left..then all of a sudden the first driver gives up, then makes a quick right back out of the turn lane just as the guy across the intersection starts to turn left and low and behold a very near miss at the last second! Whos fault is that one? I say the idiot who switched lanes while a left lane turn was already in progress! I dont know the law on that seems like a first come first serve sort of thing there!

• Member Contributer

Forget the biker, his friend who was pulling the puncher back. Now that is self control too. I would have been swinging at him with my motorcycle gloves just to protect my friend, the rider. But obviously, they did the right thing. Glad to see it worked out ok. I am not sure I would have...

C

• Member Contributer

Forget the biker, his friend who was pulling the puncher back. Now that is self control too. I would have been swinging at him with my motorcycle gloves just to protect my friend, the rider. But obviously, they did the right thing. Glad to see it worked out ok. I am not sure I would have...

C

From an article I read that person is his girlfriend, who riding pillion. She doesn't look like that big a person compared to the rager. Article also said, "he’s facing charges from the police; they’re investigating the possibility he might have been under the influence of illegal substances"

http://canadamotoguide.com/2015/07/14/video-road-rage-ends-badly-for-crabby-cager/

Typically, I would avoid any confrontation and just get the hell out of there, but when a guy gets sucker punched like that stopped at a traffic light, I'm not sure what my reaction would be.

A couple times I've had cagers purposely try to run me off the road for no reason, I just got the hell away.

HS said 'Yea people pack heat here in Colorado cause the car is an extension of the home and its legal to have a gun in your vehicle.'

At least here in Canada with our firearm laws, we don't have to worry about someone pulling a gun on you.

Bet that dumb shit had a sore hand after punching the dudes helmet.

• Member Contributer

When I as a courier, there was one guy who was a Bit crazy & loved the job, kind of the freedom of the open road. But like most of us he had had more than hips fair share of near misses & being cut up, by dozy drivers & that was before the curse of the mobile phone had been invented. He was crazy because after suffering this for quite sometime & complaining to the police, he decided that from now on he would get even with anyone that cut him up badly. So he mounted an ice pix to his bike in a holster, anyone that badly cut him up, he would follow to the next set of lights or T junction, then ride up along side them & punch the ice pick through the roof in front of the driver. It was only a short blade, so would hole the roof, most drivers would take off thinking he banged the roof with his glove.

After that if it rained they would get a wet bum, & fixing a hole in the roof is expensive !

Don't agree with his actions, but after a few more offs caused by blind drivers I promised that if I was able & they said SMIDSY (sorry mate I didn't see you) like that made it all right, I'd punch there lights out. Never happened, I had to stop after an accident nearly pulled my arm off & put me out of work for 3 months & off bikes for 6 due to an arm that did not work ;( That driver said SMIDSY but I was in a world of hurt at the time :( Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Remember YMMV, but there are drivers out there that would happily run us off the road or who don't care for road laws & that does not include the dumdasses/blind/old ones that should not be on he road.

• Member Contributer

And it can happen when you least expect it...

I was riding home from work the other day and near the end of my 60+ mile commute. I was tired, relaxed, and just cruising in the fast lane at traffic flow speed. I needed to move to the middle lane to get around a car cruising in the fast lane. I scanned the mirrors and looked to the right as usual and moved over when it was clear. A few seconds later I see a car pull in behind me several car lengths back. Next I see the car flash their brights. I scan the mirrors to see if something else is going on behind me but see nothing so I shrug it off. Next I see the car zoom up and pull into the lane to my right. Against my better judgement, I look over to see the two occupants flipping me off angrily. I have no idea what it is all about, so I look back and just ignore them. The car then started making short aggressive swerves towards me. I maintained speed and position and just looked at them as they did this several times, but intentionally didn't escalate the situation with any gestures or movement. After a half mile or so they had to slow for a car ahead of them. I maintained my speed and just kept a wary eye on them. They eventually moved into the fast lane, came up to me on the left side, and just cruised past! Nary a glance or gesture, just cruised by. I have no idea what this was all about, and surmise they didn't get the reaction from me they expected, so they left. Pretty sure had I reacted differently it would have been a different sitch. There are kooks out there my friends.

Archived