How Facebook Is Replacing Forums!

• Member Contributer

Sport-touring.net also went down in volume due to the buyout. Most of the very active members went over to the new site. That may also be affecting the activity; people don't want to deal with it so they start another page.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

We need Listserv and BBS back.

That's it, capn. Get in your '85 Camry and time travel back to where you came from! :wink:

Totally agree with The Phantom. VFRD and FB (and others) have their uses. I'm on FB several times per day, but don't usually use it for informational purposes. VFRD can be informational, social, organizational, technical, and photo intensive. I get information here that is not available anywhere else, especially FB.

I actually co-admin a FB page, but don't tell anyone...

Sport-touring.net also went down in volume due to the buyout. Most of the very active members went over to the new site. That may also be affecting the activity; people don't want to deal with it so they start another page.

Maybe it's time we start a new VFR forum for the long time members here and do it right. First step is making everything 22-font and no posting on Sunday evenings when 60 Minutes is on.

• Member Contributer

I went from dial-up BBSs to Compuserve to Internet forums like this one. Perhaps one day forums will be replaced by something better. That something is not Facebook, however. I will never have a Facebook or a Twitter account...I'm only on LinkedIn because I have to be!

Ciao,

• Forum CEO

I haven't been on stn in years I had no idea he sold it? Too bad. What's the new site?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I spend too much time on Facebook it's a distraction. Vfrd is a passion. Ebbing and waning passion of mine. I love it so.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

I log in (emai & password) every time. I do sign out everytime also. I use a proxy service for privacy on the web so I expect that. Given the nature of the web now days, I'd expect nothing less.

HS is doing a great job with this site. Keep up the great work Miguel.

^^^ Me too.

I think the point of the log in is to reduce the number of people spamming with unrelated crap. We get one every so often, but they get removed pretty quick.

Damn, I was wondering why I couldn't post any all my posts keep vanishing :goofy:

The only reason I use Facebook any more is that I have friends and a few members of family that Facebook is the ONLY form of communication I have with them. Also the local group(s) only use facebook right now, though I'm going to build a website with a fourm and fix that too. (After I get Seb a site if he still wants one...)

BTW....I am Timmy Decoppe on the book of faces.

Timmy, we are talking about the website facebook.com not the actual book of faces :491::beer: , that's called a year book...

Archived