Official Event & Picture Thread, 2015 Tmac!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Where are the BBQ pics????

Or was this event run by Timmythecop???

Only he would think of using a side case for grilling and smoking I reckon....

post-8974-0-46005600-1434104234.jpg

:goofy:

• Member Contributer

Pace yourselves kids, Keep this thread going till next TMac. Drag out the memories...I feel a late summer return in my future.

• Member Contributer

Pace yourselves kids, Keep this thread going till next TMac. Drag out the memories...I feel a late summer return in my future.

Late summer=early Oct.? http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/81241-prbs-2nd-annual-vfrd-fall-rally-boone-nc-oct-9-13-2015/

Late summer=early Oct.? http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/81241-prbs-2nd-annual-vfrd-fall-rally-boone-nc-oct-9-13-2015/

I haven't even downloaded my pics yet as I'm still traveling in Colorado. HS has sharred some of his fav Brew pubs!!!

• Member Contributer

Come on down! Leaf peeper season gets kinda annoying, but after the leaves die the tourists go away......makes for fun runs on the BlueRidge Parkway (the rangers usually go away with the tourists).

Come on down! Leaf peeper season gets kinda annoying, but after the leaves die the tourists go away......makes for fun runs on the BlueRidge Parkway (the rangers usually go away with the tourists).

Leaf peeper...I like that. Adding it to the vocabulary as soon as appropriate.

We get a few of them here as well. Come around a corner to a car doing 10mph and clueless to what's going on around them. Frickin leaf peepers!

• Member Contributer

I can't count the number of times I've come around a corner on the parkway to find a car stopped in the middle of the road with the driver outside taking a picture of a tree..... That particular maneuver usually incites a verbal tirade on the manner in which they should visit this area, as well as the urgency and direction with which they can return to their northern homes.

Once the leaves are gone, the parkway is a great road, and there is still a couple months of good riding. I'll ride it all the way until December (when they usually close it).

• Member Contributer

Where I grew up in Orange county NY we had the fall foliage people and the Apple pickers from other countries. Lost, slow, stopping in the middle of my best test track roads through the mountains. Recipe for disaster and proved to be just that on a few occasions.

See you guys a little later in the year down there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Hi everyone,

I know this is late but I wanted to share my adventure to 2015 TexasMac with you. A special 'Shout Out' to Kevin (aka BaileyRock) and Andrea (aka WarWoman) for organizing another terrific event. This was my 7th trip to TexasMac and I had a fantastic time. This year I vowed to ride the entire Blue Ridge Parkway (BRP) from North to South. I did approximately 95% of the BRP so I am considering this item completed on my 'bucket list'. I was on the road for 6 days, travelled through 5 states, never had a single problem and had an awesome passenger who never complained.

Day 1 - Tuesday, May 26 - Started from Villa Hills, KY (9 mile across Ohio River from Cincinnati, OH). Travelled South through Falmouth, Brooksville and picked up Rt. 32 East all the way to Louiza, KY on the WV border. Bike loaded up and ready to go. Crossed into WV, made it about halfway through the state. Stayed overnight.

Day 2 - Wednesday, May 27 - Got an early start. Expressway for about the first two hours, then got to the BRP entrance at Buena Vista, VA. Weather was 65 - 75 degrees all day. Rode all through VA the second day. Very, very little traffic on a Wednesday morning and afternoon. I sort of hate to say this but I averaged 55 - 60 mph with no problem. The VA section of BRP is no where near as curvy, hilly or twisty as the NC section. Every where you looked was breathtaking. Fantastic scenery. In one stretch of road there must have been over 100 hawks riding the thermals off the cliffs. Ate lunch at Mawbry Mill, one of the rare restaurants on the BRP. Got to Boone, NC and stayed overnight.

Day 3 - Thursday, May 28 - Rode from Boone, NC to Franklin, NC. I loved the NC section of the BRP. Steeper cliffs, curves, hills. Once you were on top of the ridge, you could see for miles and miles. Again, wherever you looked, magnificent, breath-taking scenery. There were also many tunnels on the NC section. Be extremely cautious and go slow. Most of the tunnels are very damp or wet on the inside. I remember entering two of the tunnels right into the darkness. You could not see the other end, Even half way through the tunnel, you could not see the other end. These two tunnels had a good curve to them.

Note: I have been trying to add pictures, but I keep getting errors telling me the file is too big. Pictures taken on Samsung Galaxy S5 phone.

Day 4 - Friday, May 29 - Easy day. Tom Fulton and I headed up towards the Wheels Through Time museum, but we never made it. We did too many excursions in the Highlands area. We did take a nice tour around Western Carolina University. Nice campus, big place, you can only see about one building from the main road. Tom was my roommate this year and two years ago. Great guy.

Day 5 - Saturday - May 30 - I volunteered to lead a Beginner/Intermediate ride up Rt. 28, over to Cherohala Skyway to Tellico Plains, over to Rt. 315 along the Ococee River and come back on I-64. I only get down in these parts annually and these roads make the whole trip worthwhile. Tom Fulton was the sweeper on this ride. Ate lunch at Tellico Café, visited the Charles Hall Museum.

Day 6 - Sunday - May 31 To Be continued

post-15933-0-64097700-1436322514.jpg

post-15933-0-08304600-1436324771.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Forum CEO

gallery_491_3_5596.png

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/uploads/gallery/category_3/gallery_491_3_5596.png

I uploaded the icon to the gallery here is the url and you can just click copy the image and paste it to your siggy

• Member Contributer

Thanks HS. I've yetb to even post my pics!

Well, how about it!

Tick-tock B-Rock...

I saw you snapping away... you gonna share the views?

Archived