Official Made It Home Safe Thread!

Well hope everyone had a blast at TMAC this week. I know I sure did. Huge thanks to Kevin and Andrea for making it all happen. Let everyone know you got back alright, dad and I got home about 2:30 with no issues. See all you kids next year!

-PRB

post-27973-0-96574300-1433099123.jpg

• Member Contributer

Made it back after a great weekoif riding!

Today was the worst weather of the entire time, despite the doom and gloom forecast.

I pulled in my driveway around 2 pm after another great time!

thanks everyone for attending.

I had just about a free fun up 28 to 143, across the Skyway, down 39, 315( New Pavement) & 30 down to 64/74 then off to the Interstate for a quick 2 1/2 slab run to Nashville.

I just started the official event & picture here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/81216-official-event-picture-thread-2015-tmac/

• Member Contributer

Got home at noon with an empty run through the gap (on a Sunday no less). Three miles from the house the heavens opened up and washed my bike for me.

Great time with all.

• Member Contributer

Rob and I made it home about 3. Managed to stay mostly dry. I had an absolute blast this week! Thanks Kevin and Andrea for all your hard work! See y'all next year!

Made it home but not without incident. Got all the way to Murphy and was jammin the tunes when I felt the truck shudder. Checked the mirrors and holy crap that tire is nearly on fire! Walmart had no trailer tires and wouldn't put a car tire on a trailer so I sat in the sun and pulled two wheels to carry in. When I passed the spot of the blow out, it was buckets of rain. What a lucky week!

And tell Mr. Carver that I didn't check the date codes on my trailer tires. Lesson learned.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Got in @9:30 this A.M. As usual a great time was had. Enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks to Kevin and Andrea for everything you do and did.

Had a blowout on my trailer too on Saturday morning leaving tmac. I put on new last fall, even new date codes don't guarantee anything!

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/wera910/media/IMG_20150530_153454473_zpsxvfw52oq.jpg.html

Made it home but not without incident. Got all the way to Murphy and was jammin the tunes when I felt the truck shudder. Checked the mirrors and holy crap that tire is nearly on fire! Walmart had no trailer tires and wouldn't put a car tire on a trailer so I sat in the sun and pulled two wheels to carry in. When I passed the spot of the blow out, it was buckets of rain. What a lucky week!

And tell Mr. Carver that I didn't check the date codes on my trailer tires. Lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We ran 28 up to the gap this morning and had lunch at Tapoco Lodge. I will definitely be going there again. Thanks kperham and cornercarver for the recommendation.

We then headed back to the Microtel to load up and head for home when the sky opened up. Arrived home at 5:30 with a couple of showers on the way home. About 850 miles total for the weekend.

Thanks to everyone for the great weekend.

• Member Contributer

Home and planning to dream about go-karts. Who knew 18 mph could be so much fun!!!

You just wish those things would go 18 mph! Anyway, I am also home. I only got rained on 3 times on 530 miles trip. Oh, and got my picture taken by a bunch of giggling high school girls in a school bus.

Thecop-Burns brown and gold bomber has arrived in Clinton Md. Burns doing the last leg to PA on 2 wheels. I thank you all for allowing me into your group and being so nice to me.

• Member Contributer

Got in and packed away around 8pm. Great time was had as usual. No incidents, other than the 40F temperature drop.

• Member Contributer

Made it home today 7;00 pm. Thanks to all for a great time especially to Brian [ironman] & Bill {Mr. Bill} for leading the novice group. Had a great 1st TMAC and mountain curves riding experience, Special thanks to kevin and Andrea, looking forward to next year for my 2nd TMAC.

Left Franklin around 9:30 this morning, planning to slab it all 600 miles home, but changed my mind and got 110 miles in on the Blue Ridge Parkway starting in Asheville. (Bonus!) Made it home around 10:45 pm, cold and a bit damp but very happy. What a weekend - great to see some old friends and to make new ones, and of course the riding was incredible. Over 1900 miles for me over 5 days, including 625 today. Hope to do it again next year!

HUGE thanks to BR and Warwoman for organizing the terrific event! And thanks to Carver and Timmy for entertaining us last night!

15 hours from handing in my hotel key to putting the house key in the door.

Can't say enough about this event - Thank You Warwoman and BR for putting this on! It is much appreciated and a much anticipated "Must Go" event for the people and the roads.

.......and just to say, Timmy and grond1234 - I BREEZED back through the Maple Curtain ; )

• Member Contributer

Got home little bit after midnight... Aside from having to swim the last 20 min, it was uneventful.. Great time at the event as always!

• Member Contributer

Carver's made it home last night around 1930 after an amazing week of riding capped by "spirited" run up 28 with Kimbal and Capt Ape (closely followed by the rest of the gang( and lunch at Tapoco Lodge.

A quick two hours to eat and wait for the biblical storm to move ahead of us. We then headed down 129 and took the Cherohala across to Tellico Plains. Above the storm on the Cherohala we could see the blackest sky ahead. As we descended on the TN side we got dumped on. On 68 heading back into GA there was tree down across most of both lanes.

Double rainbow about 30 minuites from home was not to tel us of no more rain but was a prelude to 4" inches that fell for the rest of the night.

Ms Carver tried valaintlly to toss the little 500 out the back of the truck but it is still with us. :-)

Thanks to BR and Andrea for organizing this event and bringing to the 12 year mark in style. Thanks to Timmy for carry the weight at this years post dinner trash, trinkets and awards ceremony.

• Member Contributer

Made it back to St Louis, 12 hrs door to door from Franklin to Eureka... ~625 miles, I got rained on in 5 out of 6 states I rode through.

Thank you for the Carver coat!!! It fits my freakishly proportioned torso perfectly and I would have froze without it... thumb is healing up fine, let's me know it's there with every heartbeat :blush:

Thanks again to all of the fine folks who helped me out of the gulley! :beer:

7.5 Liters of fuel injected monstrosity. sounds like a WW2 Bomber. AC on the entire time, pulling multiple bikes and a trailer made of lead. Door to door, got 11.21 MPG. I'll take that.

11377203_10206762794928205_1401340404475

• Member Contributer

Thank you for the "Luck Dragon"!

Helped get me home in one piece....

post-19432-0-05696000-1433178784.jpg

Archived