My 1996 Vfr750 Streetfighter

SEBSPEED

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys.

I found my tiny coolant leak, it's coming from one of the 2 thermostat feed hoses in the vee of the motor. So of course, I now have to pull the tank and the carbs to get to it... sigh. I think I will order smooth band hose clamps first, as a further preventive.

• Member Contributer

So I was fortunate to see this jewel in the flesh yesterday.

It is PERFECT. The attention to detail is simply astounding. Every bracket, the routing of the hoses, the placement of components...nothing is out of place. Everything just belongs!!!

• Member Contributer

I've been having neck problems which have totally screwed up my summer but I really have been wanting to ride up to Seb's place. The compulsion seems almost religious after seeing his work here. It would be like going to Mecca.

Thank you again for the kind words Mario. Sorry that it wasn't ready for a test hop...

I'll see if I can't get all the little things sorted by the time the Fall ride rolls around. I've been swamped at work and I just bit off a big chunk of side work too.

I've been having neck problems which have totally screwed up my summer but I really have been wanting to ride up to Seb's place. The compulsion seems almost religious after seeing his work here. It would be like going to Mecca.

Do it Brad, the SF is not the only jewel in Seb's workshop.

• Like 1

Thanks tiki

No idea where the time went since TMAC. I haven't ridden the bike since I got back from the trip. I finally carved out a few hours yesterday to clean up in my garage and fix the naggy little things on this bike.

I replaced a few hose clamps on the (now finished) oil cooler lines. Replaced the petcock in the tank with new oem part. Replaced the ground interrupt switch for the keyless ignition.

Pulling the carbs now, so I can replace a few hose clamps on the t-stat Samco hoses, one end of one of the hoses is leaking.

Pics...

New cooler lines done

20150823_085237_zpsdgkc7ycz.jpg

Tank off for petcock replacement

20150822_194617_zpsq4byrmit.jpg

Old vs new petcock

20150822_201156_zpsqwg6gsow.jpg

And a butt shot. lol I'd like to do gold wheels on my VTEC, but I think 3 bikes with gold wheels might be too much??

20150822_195251_zpskxjxsmfl.jpg

• Like 2

And a butt shot. lol I'd like to do gold wheels on my VTEC, but I think 3 bikes with gold wheels might be too much??

You never have too mutch gold wheels! I like them :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Pics...

New cooler lines done

20150823_085237_zpsdgkc7ycz.jpg

Those oil line fittings are slick... if I get the front rads to work on my project bike I'll need to relocate the oil cooler and will need something like to make it work. What kind of lines did you use?

Russ, I used rubber oil cooler hose from Napa for the bottom and 3/8" brake line for the upper hard line.

I reused the factory fittings that mate to the motor and cooler, with the new hose barb ends welded on.

• Member Contributer

Russ, I used rubber oil cooler hose from Napa for the bottom and 3/8" brake line for the upper hard line.

I reused the factory fittings that mate to the motor and cooler, with the new hose barb ends welded on.

Did you weld the hard line to the factory fittings or use a compression fitting? Thanks for the info and inspiration Seb!