My 1996 Vfr750 Streetfighter

SEBSPEED

Heh, now I can let it out.

I WAS IN LEVEL 5 LOCKDOWN FOR A GOOD PART OF THIS BUILD!

I've seen most of this thing take shape, and it's kickass in every way. Totally magazine worthy.

SO many people "think" they have a streetfighter, when what they really have is a crashed bike with no bodywork, a Suzuki Bandit headlight, and a rattle can paintjob.

This is absolutely polished and well thought out, and the furthest thing from a "parts bin special" it's not even funny.

Well done Sebastian.

• Like 1

Thank you Rob, for your praise and your silence. lol I did leak some glimpses here and there as I sometimes needed a bit of fuel to get through the more trying times during the build.

I've started adding background pics and story to the first post, it will take a while to cover it all.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

This bike is incredible Seb :) The overall appearance is very aggressive yet integrated. But the most impressive thing to me is that as you get closer to the bike you notice more and more custom details. Custom fabricated parts that speak volumes of your skill, ability and vision. Well done sir!

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

switching between the stock and finished pics, the tank really makes a huge difference. Stock 4g tank would not have worked at all.

Is that Mrs Seb in the picture?

As a matter of fact, it is...

Roland Sands, step aside. There's a new builder in town. Beautifully finished. Can't wait to see more pictures.

I think RS has firmly secured his place in the world, but thank you!

I will try to get more pics up soon.

HORY SHEET! That looks beautiful Andy, could be something that just rolled off the line...reminds me of a (better looking version of) a FZ-1, which I'm guessing must have been some sort of influence on this?

Yamaha%20FZ1%20Abarth%20Assetto%20Corse%

• Member Contributer

This bike is incredible Seb :) The overall appearance is very aggressive yet integrated. But the most impressive thing to me is that as you get closer to the bike you notice more and more custom details. Custom fabricated parts that speak volumes of your skill, ability and vision. Well done sir!

Seen it in person Andy. The thing is that the custom bits look stock, or what should have been stock. You need to look really close and know where each piece came from and it all just looks incredible and works together.

• Member Contributer

Take a bow, Mr Seb. Nicely done. Like other posters have mentioned, the closer shots reveal many subtle touches that impress. I sat here for 10 minutes looking the pictures over in detail. It wouldn't be "your" project without the trademark clear clutch cover, hehe. How long did it take to clean up smooth and paint that swing arm?

That's two AMAZING streetfighter builds on VFRD this last couple years (yours and apexandy)

• Member Contributer

Awesome work, Seb. Like the others have said, there's a different custom detail that catches my eye every time I return to look at the pics. Looking forward to all the build pics, but for now the final product will do :goofy:

Thought about submitting to BikeExif or Pipeburn? They occasionally feature fighters, and they'd be stupid not to take a look here.

• Member Contributer

How do I submit to those blog thingies?

http://www.bikeexif.com/submit-your-motorcycle

For example. Can't say I know anything beyond what they say about having good lighting, etc. Reading a few of the other featured bikes gives an idea of how much detail they'd look for.

Edit: here's Pipeburn too.

http://www.pipeburn.com/submit-a-bike#.VWJhWU9Viko

Both sites seem pretty sticky on not having overlap, so getting on one pretty much nixes the other.

• Member Contributer

Click blog at the header below the banner. Top right has a button for 'create blog'. Do the agree thing and start filling it out.

So this is the special project, now I will be very honest as we all like different things I'm not a fan of street fighters, cafe racers or naked bikes, my idea of a naked format is a MX or enduro that I can cover in mud in the bush. But what I like about this bike that appeals to me is 1. it's blue my fav colour. 2. the gen5/6 rear wheel I'm sick of everybody thinking the gen 3 rear wheel is the bee's knees, again my fav is the gen 5/6. 3. the CBR 08> tail it is again in my opinion the best looking stream line tail, it is a shame on the CBR the front is pig ugly. 4, attention to finishing everything with detail.

Great work seb but were is the gun holder, some of your gun modifications are my fav mods you do outstanding :-)

http://www.bikeexif.com/submit-your-motorcycle

For example. Can't say I know anything beyond what they say about having good lighting, etc. Reading a few of the other featured bikes gives an idea of how much detail they'd look for.

Edit: here's Pipeburn too.

http://www.pipeburn.com/submit-a-bike#.VWJhWU9Viko

Both sites seem pretty sticky on not having overlap, so getting on one pretty much nixes the other.

Thanks. Once I bring you guys up to date on the build, I'll see about submitting to one or both of these.

So this is the special project, now I will be very honest as we all like different things I'm not a fan of street fighters, cafe racers or naked bikes, my idea of a naked format is a MX or enduro that I can cover in mud in the bush. But what I like about this bike that appeals to me is 1. it's blue my fav colour. 2. the gen5/6 rear wheel I'm sick of everybody thinking the gen 3 rear wheel is the bee's knees, again my fav is the gen 5/6. 3. the CBR 08> tail it is again in my opinion the best looking stream line tail, it is a shame on the CBR the front is pig ugly. 4, attention to finishing everything with detail.

Great work seb but were is the gun holder, some of your gun modifications are my fav mods you do outstanding :-)

Thank you sir. I realize it's not for everyone. I've wanted a SF for a while and I'm so glad I was able to pull it off with a VFR.

No built in holster, but there is just enough room in the tail that I could stash my Sig if I had the desire. :wink:

Hey Seb

This article on BikeEXIF, "How to make a living building custom motorcycles":

http://www.bikeexif.com/build-custom-motorcycles

"But: full disclosure here. Chris asked me to contribute this article, and I wasn’t going to turn him down. Maybe this becomes my first advice: If you get the chance to appear on Bike EXIF, take it."

:fing02:

• Like 1