My 1996 Vfr750 Streetfighter

SEBSPEED

I never showed my full hand, just kept tossing a few cards out. :wink:

That is pretty much it for the build pics. I have more, but a lot of them are redundant or obsolete.

I'll update in a week or so with some action shots from the Dragon. I seem to have misplaced my SD card with all the video on it... :sad:

I will be revising the oil cooler fittings to remedy a small leak, and I noticed a bit of a coolant leak on the last day of TMAC that appears to be coming from the small pipes in the "V". Might be the hose clamps for the Samco hoses settling in after a few heat cycles? We'll see.

I'm also in search of a smaller rear brake caliper.

After that, it may just get a "for sale" sign...

I rode it. It is BEASTLY. The wide bars give it a perfect riding position. It sounds like a 360 degree motor. I loved the 5 sportbike guys at the Gap Store arguing over what it was.

• Like 5

It sounds like a 360 degree motor.

I suppose from the different pipe merges?

yea, that and the down pipes that looked about twice as big as the stock items.

FOR SALE?

How could you put a price on 5 years of labour?

And what's the skinny on the exhaust system that Timmy was talking about?

I really can't. But, I know what I'd be willing to sell it for, if someone wanted to buy it.

The exhaust is a Two Brothers right exit header with my own mid pipe and can. The shape of the dirt bike can gives it a very different tone than most other VFR pipes.

• Like 1

Does the dirt bike muffler quiet it down enough for those of us in the city /subdivision?

The bike is louder than my VTEC with unbaffled Staintunes. It seems loud to me, and I will try to quiet it down a bit with a Yoshimura baffle I have in my bin. That said, after polling about 20 people to ask if the bike seems obnoxiously loud, all have said no. It isn't anywhere near an ear bleeding level, and certainly can't be compared to any open-pipe Harley.

I have noticed that it turns a lot of heads - riding through towns in a group, I could see people picking up on the unique sound.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

If only I had a fraction of your skills.... :sad:

Outstanding job and I can tell that you are very proud of your achievement. :beer:

• Member Contributer

OK then, one gripe.... where are the NACA ducts!!???!!!! :goofy:

• Like 2

OK then, one gripe.... where are the NACA ducts!!???!!!! :goofy:

Yeah, there should be at least one on there as an homage!

You know Seb, all of the expenditures could be tax deductible if you kept it as a "Company Car" or as an advertising vehicle for your business.

• Member Contributer

Wow. I go away for two weeks to a place that has no internet (yes there are still a few like that) and I miss the unveiling!

Simply beautiful. 4th Gen artistry. And only about half the time it took to do the Sistine Chapel.

• Like 1