1999 Fix Exhaust Bolt

ljmellor

I've done a very stupid thing with my 1999 VFR800 FiX. I was in the process of refitting the exhaust (had a minor slide earlier in the year due to a patch of black ice).

Everything went well with the exception of my forgetting to nip the bolt up which holds the exhaust to the hanger. After a short ride out which resulted in ludicrous speed being engaged my exhaust was no longer attached to the hanger. I have temporarily fitted a bolt to the hanger for safety but would like to replace it with the same nut and bolt that it originally had.

Would someone with a 1999 be so kind as to measure the bolt/take a quick photo of the nut so that I can purchase a more suitable replacement than I have currently fitted?

I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance people.

Luke.

post-30764-0-59289400-1432043328.jpg

• Member Contributer

According to online microfiche it is flange bolt: M8x45 with a flange nut and washer.

If you want to order OEM:

Bolt part#:

96300-08045-00
Nut:
94050-08000
Washer:
94103-08000

• Member Contributer

As Kev notes, most bolt sizes are listed in the Parts Catalog for the bike. Honda bolts are not the same as those you can buy at a hardware store or even eBay, so if OEM look is important, you will need to order it from a Honda dealer/parts wholesaler.

Ciao,

Archived