Possibly Goodbye Vfrs And Thanks!

BrianM

I just posted my bike in the classifieds and on craigslist, I have anguished over this for quite a while but yesterday I test rode a Triumph Tiger 800 XCx and I finally found the bike I want to replace my VFR with. I attempted to replace the VFR once before when I bought a K1200GT only to end up riding the VFR more and selling the K1200, But this time I think it is real my back just does not want to go for long rides on the VFR anymore, I am older, slower and fatter than I once was and it is catching up. The community here has been incredible over the years but the bike was so trouble free to me that I never really came out and chatted. but I did still want to say thanks to all of the contributors, and to the community. We will see, maybe it isn't worth what I am asking and I won't sell, I am asking a bit of a premium for my bike over what kbb says but if someone can find a better bike for less, I think they should buy it.

post-32929-0-93142200-1431555634.jpg

• Member Contributer

Sweet exhaust! I am not trying to persuade you one way or another, but I just bought some Knight Designs lowering pegs, and it made a world of difference.

• Member Contributer

Things change and you may have a hard time 5 years from now finding one to replace it. Store it properly under a cover and see what the next year or two brings. You know what anyone is going to pay you is a mere pittance of the real value of these bikes. They will be Very hard to find in ten years.

That is a beautiful bike. There is no way I would be able to part with it for 3500.00.

I wouldn't sell my red one for 3500.00.

Please reconsider before some non- vfr lover gets it and wads it up on one wheel.

Thanks, I am hesitant, but I refuse to own a garage queen and hope my price is high enough to get someone who is enthusiastic about the interceptor as any squid can get faster bikes cheaper, but if I get the Tiger I will not ride the VFR and I would rather see it get used.

• Member Contributer

Having two bikes is hard, trying to find time to ride one or the other can be difficult but now that I have three, it's even more so. My primary bike, the 09 is my commuter/tourer, so that one has a purpose almost exclusively, but the Duc and 01 are strictly for play. I try and alternate which bike I ride on the weekend but somehow I gravitate to the 01 more. Sometimes I get lucky and get to ride all three, bikes on a weekend, it's happened more than a few times but not very often.

If you have the means and room, keep the VFR, sometimes you just need to ride something different than what you're used to or what you may ride daily. It's like that with my Duc, it's 20 years old and no where near the capabilities of a modern sport bike or the VFR for that matter, but I just can't part with it, it's just a fun bike to ride. It's sounds fantastic, it looks gorgeous just standing still and it draws a lot of attention from riders and "civilians" alike. Your VFR IMO falls into this category, as much as I like riding the VFRs, I still love riding that old V-Twin, you might find it to be the same with your Tiger vs your VFR.

The fuel injected Gen 5 is what I considered the peak for VFRs after that it went down hill with VTech, that is a great looking 98.

Having two bikes is hard, trying to find time to ride one or the other can be difficult but now that I have three,

Its hard to make sure all get ridden, cause you normally want to reach for your favorite every ride. The displine is in doing those routine mercy rides on the others.

Don't get rid of the vfr though, till your sure its no longer needed, a good vfr can be very difficult to replace, and may not even exist.

I would not get rid of mine, cause its everything I need in a street bike, and it would cost me 14 grand to replace it. But its not my favorite bike I look to ride.

Edited by spud786