An Excellent Book On The Honda V4 Story.

LoopRider

The book? Honda V4 : The complete Four-Stroke Story

The writer? Greg Pullen

I found this searching Honda on Amazon. For $8 you get an electronic Kindle version. This book is close to a complete history of Honda itself as Greg sets the scene for the evolution of the V4 against Honda's racing ambitions, Soichiro Honda's engineering quirkiness and the wider culture of the Honda Motor Company. It is a must have for any VFR owner. Very recent as it covers the 8th Generation VFR800. Has an excellent graphic of a VFR1200 too ...

post-23773-0-86975100-1431121515.jpg

My apologies for techno incompetence. I cannot quite work out on the Ipad what the link is, but it comes up first in Amazon if you use 'Greg Pullen Honda' as the search. And the price seems to have changed, now to just over nz$13. Maybe it was a sale day? I would still buy it.post-23773-0-74659000-1431167531.jpg

• Member Contributer

• Member Contributer

Well I downloaded the book and gave it a good read. Interesting and extensive history of the Honda V4. My real interest was around the VFR 1200 history and I came away disappointed. The author appeared to run out of steam by the time he got to the 1200. A simple story was offered of a bike way over hyped and then a review by Gerald Davison where he takes a big steamy dump all over the bike while lamenting it is not his Triumph Sprint. The book overall was worth the read, the section on the 1200 was not. Anyone reading the section will not buy a VFR 1200, but that's ok - more for me.

Sent from my cerebellum using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

That day will never come, it's a collectors item and some have rediculous price tags.

Yow! I have that book, and I would never have considered it a collector's item. It's a good book, but nothing really special. Not like the 76-77 and 77-78 editions of Motocourse or anything, which I still need...

Ciao,

Archived