Anyone From Ontario Heading For T - Mac

RDMcD

• Member Contributer

I'm considering attending Tmac for the first time and was wondering if any other Canadians from ontario will be going.

Where are you starting out from and where will you cross the border?

What route are you planning?

How many days will you take on the way down,and back home?

Are you biking or trailering it?

• Member Contributer

I have a great trailer you can use if you need it .

I'm considering attending Tmac for the first time and was wondering if any other Canadians from ontario will be going.

Where are you starting out from and where will you cross the border?

What route are you planning?

How many days will you take on the way down,and back home?

Are you biking or trailering it?

Well Hey RD,

Went to my first TMAC last year and found I wanted more time in the area - truly phenominal riding. Picture the top few kms of Penninsula Road/632 into Rosseau but even tighter and never ending!

So I'll be leaving the Newmarket environs either Saturday May 23 or Sunday May 24 with the bike in the back of the truck (trailered down last year) and driving straight down I-75 from Detroit. Google says just over 13 hours so, with fuel stops, the border and other man-cation stops I'm figuring 15 hours +/-. Going to drive straight back either Sunday May 31 or Monday June 01.

Pretty casual and relaxed timetable so let me know if you want to convoy down or even if you just want to know what this former first timer wished he had brought with him (like a camp chair! and cooler - for water, and sport drinks)

Cheers,

VFRpwr (Rob)

• Member Contributer

Thanks Rob,

Originally I had thought about riding there though Pennsylvania...at a leisurely pace. If you take the senic route it ends up around 20 hours so 2 maybe 3 days. Add that to 3 or 4 days at Tmac , then the trip home, it's alot of riding over a week or more.

My route last year was down through Buffalo to Erie and I-79 down through PA. The SuperSlab didn't even get mildly interesting until West Virginia - I'd trailer down to Pittsburgh and leave the trailer in the PIT airport parking and then ride down from there if I were to do that route again.

You are definitely going to want to be 'fresh' for and to enjoy the roads in NC.

• Member Contributer

My route last year was down through Buffalo to Erie and I-79 down through PA. The SuperSlab didn't even get mildly interesting until West Virginia - I'd trailer down to Pittsburgh and leave the trailer in the PIT airport parking and then ride down from there if I were to do that route again.

You are definitely going to want to be 'fresh' for and to enjoy the roads in NC.

Fresh tires are nice too.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the input guys. So is anyone in the area going to ride the whole way there and back? That's probably my only option as none of my 4 wheeled vehicles would be up for the trip. Some stops along the way I'd like to make if I go. 1) frank loyde wright 's falling water house in Pennsylvania, and 2) fox creek leather in Virginia. If I can I'll take my time and make it into a 10 day trip.

RD

If you're an FLW fan - take the extended tour of Falling Water as you get access to more of it than on the regular tour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Still nobody riding down? I'm 95% sure I'm going now. Would be crossing at Buffalo if anyone wants to meet up. I'd like to leave on the 24th or 25th but that's flexible.

• Member Contributer

I'm riding down from Minneapolis to St. Louis then east. I do not know how far out of the way I am. But at least you got one positive reply. :wink:

I am positively going one of those days as well.......driving down via Detroit/I75. Ya' got a trailer?

• Member Contributer

Maxswell ain't no trailer biatch... :-)

• Member Contributer

Maxswell ain't no trailer biatch... :-)

I only trailer if I have to buy a bike on the way down. Last year I picked up my new fifth in VA. It was nice to arrive rested but I'd rather ride and get warmed up on the 1000 mi ride down.

Archived