Slip On From A '00 On A '99?

RedRum

Hi all,

Hopefully an easy question for the more educated: will a used Micron stainless slip on taken from a '00 (with cat) fit on my '99 (no cat)? I know they're both 5th gen, but the cat/no cat has me confused. There could be a difference in pipe diameter or geometry between the years?

I Currently sport the stock muffler, this seems like a decent deal as the price is good and it is in good nick judging by the pictures. It is a low mount which is just what I want. I called the seller, he didn't know. Some model ID on the end of the can is shown in one of the photos in the (Norwegian) ad: http://www.finn.no/57066273 . I'm not good enough with Google to figure it out, couldn't find anything on here either.

Any other objections to putting this can on?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Yes, all slip-ons for 5th gens will fit all 5th gens... 8th gens will fit too!!! Make sure you get any mid-pipe that may be needed for any slip-ons.

Wow, I should have timed that reply. Thanks a lot, Rush. It comes with the pipe with the rubber bit to support the centre stand, as far as I can tell it should be ready to bolt on. Will double check my stock can when I get home from work, but it seems like I'm buying this one.

• Member Contributer

I have the high mount version. You're going to love it! The sound is awesome.

• Member Contributer

I was under the impression that aftermarket exhausts need a ECU adjustment like a Power Comander to run efficiently. Is that true?

BTW welcome.

• Member Contributer

Welcome also! I think you'll love the pipe, really nice sound.

Max, I think for just a slip on you're okay. But the best option is go PC or another ECU tuner to enhance and fully optimize and sort out other fuel issues.. Saying this as long as it's a brand pipe and still has it's packing etc.

• 2 weeks later...

The jury says: yes, it fits. And the sound is just what I wanted, fabulous but not extremely loud. Once I get her cleaned after a slightly wet test ride I'll post a picture in the 5th gen end can thread.

Archived