What's The Hottest 5Th Generation Can? Post Your Pics....

I'll be the jerk that resurrects this thread. How loud are the Yoshimura RS3 cans? I have a D&D right now and its a tad too loud. They are fine on my RC51 but too much to ride everyday to work on and tour.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine has a carbon fiber Micron low mount on it. The Beetle Bags makes it hard to see, although you can hear it just fine. :goofy:

gallery_1859_551_212585.jpg

My girlfriend's with a carbon fiber D&D. The previous owner made the high mount connection pipe. This pipe sounds way better than I thought it would. I had only heard stainless steel D&D's in the past and I thought they were obnoxious.

gallery_1859_551_524136.jpeg

gallery_1859_551_763737.jpeg

OMG more pics of the high mount please!!! I like the look of the pipe and thought about making it high mount and thought it would look sweet. If I could have mid pipes made so I could convert it back to low mount that would be awesome for traveling.

OMG more pics of the high mount please!!! I like the look of the pipe and thought about making it high mount and thought it would look sweet. If I could have mid pipes made so I could convert it back to low mount that would be awesome for traveling.

Depending on what you use for bags, some still work with the high mounts.

5803e33930141c8e78774aa1da17b688.jpgb1ece72d843491689d3607945f2124f5.jpg

• Member Contributer

The start of the thread has lots of 'em, including mine. I'll pile on and ante up one more, tho no bags on my 5th gen . . . This is a 2 Bros - long out of production.

gallery_20057_5641_400178.jpg

Depending on what you use for bags, some still work with the high mounts.

5803e33930141c8e78774aa1da17b688.jpgb1ece72d843491689d3607945f2124f5.jpg

Well it looks like I'm hitting a muffler shop soon to see about making this happen!!!

• Member Contributer

I'll be the jerk that resurrects this thread. How loud are the Yoshimura RS3 cans? I have a D&D right now and its a tad too loud. They are fine on my RC51 but too much to ride everyday to work on and tour.

How loud is kinda subjective, but if you dig i know i posted some db #s on my yoshi that you might be able to compare. If the d&d has lot of miles have you tried to repack? IMO glass packing seems quieter that steel wool.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone fitted a Supertrapp silencer.....now apparently called an "Extremeblaster Xb08"? I noticed this vid the other day and, while it's not the prettiest pipe, it does sound nice IMO. If I can find a cheap enough pre-owned example, I may give it a shot:-

• Member Contributer

It's not very common, in fact I don't think I've ever seen or heard of anyone running a Supertrapp on a VFR800 before.  Doesn't sound too raspy, either.  I used to have a set of four Supertrapps trying to quiet down the 327 Chevy in my old Porsche 914.  They helped, but certainly "quiet" was never going to happen...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Actually, I've been running a 4" short Supertrapp for many years.  Listen from about 1:30 on.

Now running the Xtremeblaster, which is not manufactured by Supertrapp.  Supertrapp owns Jardine, FPs, others.

I remain very happy with my Delkevic can. I've had it over 6 months now.

Used in all weather, every day. No signs of rust or tarnishing. Welding has held perfectly, carbon fibre as new. I keep it all pretty clean anyway.

It's throaty, but not so loud as to annoy the neighbours before 9am when i go to work. But it IS loud enough to make pedestrians look (so i don't spread them across the road) and is great for quick revs at the lights to get drivers looking up from their phones so *I* don't get spread across the road.

I don't have the baffle/DB killer in, but the sound is gentle but throaty under 4k revs, aggressive between 5 and 7, and down-right brutal over that. Perfect.

I can HIGHLY recommend the Delkevic 350mm Carbon high-mount. Part number: KIT2668 (in case the link fails as the site is a bit slow) - Come with can, link pipe, bracket and sealant. I chose to make my own bracket which was much further back than the supplied item as it was practically sitting on the link pipe, and didn't inspire confidence that i'd keep it on the bike.

2016-03-14.JPG

Sadly, I no longer have my much-loved Ol' Blue.  Sold to a very happy gentleman, after I met an accident on the Ducati that led to a painful, year-long re-hab program. 

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Throttlestop said:

P1030108A.jpg

Mmmm.  Blue bike, SP2 forks, Helibars.  Nice.

Ciao,

Archived