4Th Annual Hog Tie - Sep 25-27

Yokel

• Member Contributer

Yessir, I'll be there! Really looking forward to this trip.

Do folks generally show up earlier in the week?

I know of some peeps that are planning to be there all week. I'm planning on arriving Monday, 9/21/15.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Definitely not riding out. While I would do it, I would much rather ride in a comfortable cage and save my butt and tires for the fun stuff. And also prior commitments mean having to leave Saturday and get back home post haste.

• Member Contributer

No, because the Italian Mistress will be jealous... The Germans and Italians don't get along so well sometimes...

• Member Contributer

Can I bring this?

944%201_zpsolazdu7q.jpg

Depends on whether or not your mc will fit on it's bike rack. :wink:

• Member Contributer

Wow, great to hear some of you are coming for the first time!

The roads in and around Harrison are fantastic. They being said, they do eat tires. If you're coming for a full week of spirited riding, new rubber would be advised. All the roads are chip-seal, and while grip is fantastic, it does wear tires out fast.

There is a shop in town that does tires and other repairs if needed.

I'm planning on arriving the 20th or 21st. I haven't been able to get much riding done the last year and a half despite moving to Colorado. :(

Can I bring this?

944%201_zpsolazdu7q.jpg

If you're bringing a porsche, I'll bring a WRX. :P We can chase each other with seatbelts.

• Member Contributer

The view for me is a little too far away to plan my travel arrangements now... but I sure look forward to riding/meeting with everyone!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Since I didn't get to ride with the group last year I am soooooo looking forward to this year and hanging out with everyone.

• Member Contributer

Since I didn't get to ride with the group last year I am soooooo looking forward to this year and hanging out with everyone.

Are you leading a group this year? I'll run sweeper for ya! Oh yeah, bout time for a new avatar.

• Member Contributer

Are you leading a group this year? I'll run sweeper for ya! Oh yeah, bout time for a new avatar.
Lol, Nope! I hate leading, I refuse to do it even when it's just Fred and I. I hadn't even thought about changing the avatar... I'll get on that!

• Member Contributer

BTW, my avatar is changed....look familiar? :tongue:

• Member Contributer

BTW, my avatar is changed....look familiar? :tongue:

Whooo Hooo!! Track Day!! :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

I haven't finalized my trip plans just yet, but I'll be riding around Harrison for a few days on my way out to Montana. I lived in Harrison a few years ago, so I can't wait to introduce the VFR to the Ozarks.

Here's an Ozarks tip: always be on the look for wildlife. Almost pasted this turkey with my Nighthawk last year on Hwy 123.

Screenshot_2014-05-16-09-42-42_zpsum7xdv

• Forum CEO

Was just there on Monday. 16 west of Clinton to Sand gap used to be a great road not anymore. Horrible patch jobs and pot holes. It's marginal at best. However 74 west of Jasper to Ponca wow that was fantastic. The 15mph stuff was fun too. Did not do 123 or push mountain. Did not get over to the pig trail or magazine mountain. Seems Arkansas is having the same road issues colorado is having they need work.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Was just there on Monday. 16 west of Clinton to Sand gap used to be a great road not anymore. Horrible patch jobs and pot holes. It's marginal at best. However 74 west of Jasper to Ponca wow that was fantastic. The 15mph stuff was fun too. Did not do 123 or push mountain. Did not get over to the pig trail or magazine mountain. Seems Arkansas is having the same road issues colorado is having they need work.

It's a shame about 16. They've always kind of ignored that section. One year I remember they "resurfaced" it by dumping about 3" of rock chips on the entire road and left it for the cars to pack in. It was impossible to ride.

Yep...AR does not have much DOT funding and there is very little traffic on 16 to justify resurface. I am now basically doing 2 routes.

Down middle and lower 123, up 103 to 215 over to 23. Up the pigtrail and then back on 16(different section than you mentioned) or 74.

Route two is 14 to Push, play on push and run up and down 9. Play on push again and then 14 back home.

Yep...AR does not have much DOT funding and there is very little traffic on 16 to justify resurface. I am now basically doing 2 routes.

Down middle and lower 123, up 103 to 221 over to 23. Up the pigtrail and then back on 16(different section than you mentioned) or 74.

Route two is 14 to Push, play on push and run up and down 9. Play on push again and then 14 back home.

Sounds like I get to chase you and the red rocket around some more!

-PRB

Please do...it would be my pleasure!

And there is room to pass on Push and 123. They are like racetracks through the forests!

For those who are not familiar with the area...when I say there is very little traffic on 16, here is an example.

Year before last one of the riders in the group had a flat on 16. Guessing it took us 45 minutes to an hour to repair. Not a single car passed us during the repair! The riding is different here than in the Smokies or Rockies.

• Member Contributer

Down middle and lower 123, up 103 to 221 over to 23. Up the pigtrail and then back on 16(different section than you mentioned) or 74.

... I get to chase you and the red rocket around some more!

Careful.... that may be misinterpreted :goofy:

Archived