4Th Annual Hog Tie - Sep 25-27

Yokel

• Member Contributer

Mark your calendars.

This year marks the 4th evolution of the Hog Tie at the Hub Hotel in Marble Falls, AR.

I just got off the phone with Debbie at the hotel, and we have a block of rooms (15) reserved under VFRD or my name (pm me if you need it). Each of the rooms are double occupancy queens (2 beds).

Reservations must be completed prior to 11 SEP 2015. Room-sharing is encouraged, as is showing up a few days ahead and staying a few days late.

Please see prior Hog Tie threads for ride group guidelines.

There will be a group dinner (burgers or the like).

Again, this is a very "Come as you are" ride, and has been a historically very enjoyable weekend.

The caveat this year, we are in Harrison the weekend of Bikes, Blues and BBQ in Fayetteville, so that might be fun to check out one afternoon.

Put your name down if you're going!

I *think* we will be doing t-shirts.

Camping is allowed, and there are other places to stay nearby if the HUB fills up.

Jon

Attending:

1) Yokel

(quote this to add your name)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Mark your calendars.

This year marks the 4th evolution of the Hog Tie at the Hub Hotel in Marble Falls, AR.

I just got off the phone with Debbie at the hotel, and we have a block of rooms (15) reserved under VFRD or my name (pm me if you need it). Each of the rooms are double occupancy queens (2 beds).

Reservations must be completed prior to 11 SEP 2015. Room-sharing is encouraged, as is showing up a few days ahead and staying a few days late.

Please see prior Hog Tie threads for ride group guidelines.

There will be a group dinner (burgers or the like).

Again, this is a very "Come as you are" ride, and has been a historically very enjoyable weekend.

The caveat this year, we are in Harrison the weekend of Bikes, Blues and BBQ in Fayetteville, so that might be fun to check out one afternoon.

Put your name down if you're going!

I *think* we will be doing t-shirts.

Camping is allowed, and there are other places to stay nearby if the HUB fills up.

Jon

Attending:

1) Yokel

2) panamawing

Sounds good, thanks Jon!

Blast from the past 2013

• Member Contributer

Welcome back Jon! As luck would have it, I don't have anything scheduled that weekend but it's unknown as to whether I'll have a bike to ride by then. Put me down as a sorta strong maybe assuming everything possibly works out.

Did somebody say Push Mountain?? :wub:

• Member Contributer

Mark your calendars.

Attending:

1) Yokel

2) panamawing

3) Rush2112

Sounds good, thanks Jon!

Count me in!!!

• Member Contributer

Attending:

1) Yokel

2) panamawing

3) Rush2112

4) luvtoleanit

5) Glory racing

6) MaxSwell

Planning on an uneventful week. :excl: Hopeing to arrive Sun. or Mon. Looking forward to it With Wild Anticipation.

Lurking. :wink:

I was planning a ride from L.A. to Fayetteville in 2013 iirc the right year (2012?), and thinking to join you all on that ride.

The main trip was to visit my daughter and grandsons. But about April that year they moved to South Bend, IN.

Now, they are planning a move back to AR. I am waiting to see how that goes, they are buying a house outside town.

I hope they get it. :beer:

After typing that I realize my wifes birthday is that weekend. I can't be away that weekend. So I'll lurk and watch your ride reports.

And try to make my trip work. Enjoy the Hog Tie! How do spell Sue EEEE!? :goofy:

I hope to ride your roads and explore your mountains one of these days. :beer:

• Member Contributer

I think I might just try to get down for this one. I haven't been on a ride longer than 100 miles in a few years. I think it's about time to change that.

• Member Contributer

Maxswell may stop by again on his way down, and maybe we three could ride down together. Maybe. Perhaps. Terry knows he's always welcome to stop in. You do know that don't you Terry? :beer:

Check that, won't happen. My better half just reminded me that we'll be in North Carolina that weekend. We're spending a couple weeks out east. Seems like everything happens at the same time.

• Member Contributer

Maxswell may stop by again on his way down, and maybe we three could ride down together. Maybe. Perhaps. Terry knows he's always welcome to stop in. You do know that don't you Terry? :beer:

Check that, won't happen. My better half just reminded me that we'll be in North Carolina that weekend. We're spending a couple weeks out east. Seems like everything happens at the same time.

Dang! I liked what I was reading at first. You two were fabulously gracious hosts. And that barbecue! I'll probably never have a finer dinner.

Perhaps/hopefully we'll cross paths soon.

Hope you have a safe and fun vacation.

• Member Contributer

I believe I'm in for this one. Mr. PRB(up there^), myself and possibly the wife will be tentatively arriving on Tue. the 22nd. Looking forward to experiencing the area!

• Member Contributer

Attending:

1) Yokel

2) panamawing

3) Rush2112

4) luvtoleanit

5) Glory racing

6) MaxSwell

7) huntinggunns

8) VcFR

If my leave is approved Lisa and I will arrive on Saturday the 19th and leave on Sunday the 27th. If not we will arrive late Thursday the 24th. Either way we will be there.

• Member Contributer

I believe I'm in for this one. Mr. PRB(up there^), myself and possibly the wife will be tentatively arriving on Tue. the 22nd. Looking forward to experiencing the area!

If we make it for the entire week we will be happy to familiarize you guys with the area. There are a ton of great roads and sights to see. Hope to see you there.

• Member Contributer

If we make it for the entire week we will be happy to familiarize you guys with the area. There are a ton of great roads and sights to see. Hope to see you there.

And I know from first hand experience, Huntingguns makes a great tour leader. We really had a great time last year. And the curves go on and on. :wheel:

• Member Contributer

It'll be interesting to compare the riding with western NC. I doubt I'll be disappointed.

• Member Contributer

It'll be interesting to compare the riding with western NC. I doubt I'll be disappointed.

Definitely different. Ozarks are older mountains, not as sharply carved with less extreme elevation changes... great, grippy roads and a blast to ride!

Archived