2015 Vfr800X Several Configuration?

jackleftzuo

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently America doesnt get the Crossrunner?

I think its this reason i cant find too much about it on forums, n i like to read about em aha.

Is it actually out now? Or is it due to come out soon?

I've been wanting to go to a dealers n have a look at one

• Member Contributer

I'm sorry to disturb you, consult 2015 VFR800X several configuration?

Yes, there are two "models", a base model and one fitted with an adventure pack that consists of panniers, centre stand and fog lights on a cowl bar.

• Member Contributer

I'm sorry to disturb you, consult 2015 VFR800X several configuration?

Yes, there are two "models", a base model and one fitted with an adventure pack that consists of panniers, centre stand and fog lights on a cowl bar.

There's also Touring & Super Sports packs available too, at least in the UK there is.

• Member Contributer
  • Member Contributer

I would love a test ride.... Despite it being the bigger sister..

post-8974-0-03741000-1427281131.jpg

• Member Contributer

I would love a test ride.... Despite it being the bigger sister..

attachicon.gifpost-3252-0-08757100-1427231081.jpg

I test rode her (the bike I mean!) when she first came out. It was a DCT version and I loved it. The only thing that put me off was the wire wheels and square luggage.....1200GS/Ewan Macgregor wannabee I am not.

Does the 1200 seem a lot less agile in the bends than the 800 though?

I sorta want something abit more comfy than the VTEC but still fun to flick around the local A roads.

Cant help think a 1200 might be abit big?

• Member Contributer

I think the crosstourer is more a long distance adventure tourer,though it will still be ok for local riding I'd imagine the new crossrunner with a nice end can would be better fun around the local twisties,I test rode the crosstourer and I really like it.

Hmm i figured as much mate. Getting onto GS adventure sized bikes (nearly) there arent ya. Cheers.

I think the cross runner would probably suit me better in that case. Want to test ride the old and new though. The older model is more financial sensible for me, but if the newer one really is that much better...

• Member Contributer

I test rode the old model crossrunner too and I liked it as well,can only imagine the new model is better with the improvements they have made, the old model looked a bit ugly to me,the new twin headlight design looks better in my opinion.It's an expensive bike though but we only live once.

I test rode the old model crossrunner too and I liked it as well,can only imagine the new model is better with the improvements they have made, the old model looked a bit ugly to me,the new twin headlight design looks better in my opinion.It's an expensive bike though but we only live once.

I know what you mean. The 2015 model looks a lot nicer doesnt it, but the older model is growing on me somewhat each time i look at it.

It is. N if i pay £10k for a new one, I'll be the one suffering the big chunk of initial depreciation.

Maybe see what theyre like next year, price wise.

Just wish there was more about them online, more active crossrunner specific forums or something to read.

I guess they suffer the same issues as the viffer? Most of which was ironed out by the 2009 model anyway wasnt it?

• Member Contributer

The 2011 crossrunner I test rode had about 5k miles done,it felt great and the vtec transition was very smooth,it was a great riding position,they say the new model is even better.

as it is I have 3 great bikes,one for touring,one for mountain roads and one for scratching,if I have to get down to one bike it will likey be the crossrunner or crosstourer in a few years. the shaft drive is attractive,and the crosstourer with good aftermarket luggage and a good end can would probably cover me for all kinds of riding.

Having just one bike to maintain and tax would be easier on the pocket,can't see myself ever moving away from Honda.

Thats the thing. I can only have one bike.

Not because of money or anything, just because with everything else, i can only fit one in the garage haha.

I think the crossrunner might cover the points that the vfr Is a little weak at. Mainly 400 mile days. Starts to ache on the viffer tbh

• Member Contributer

Yeah I love the VFR, but I couldn't do long trips on her,the old joints just wouldn't stick it, the ST1100 is my bike of choice for long trips and touring,and it's great for carrying the ball and chain. :491:

I hope the new crossrunner is available for test ride somewhere here soon,

not long now till the Northwest 200, the excitement is starting to build,nothing beats roadracing.

Yeah I love the VFR, but I couldn't do long trips on her,the old joints just wouldn't stick it, the ST1100 is my bike of choice for long trips and touring,and it's great for carrying the ball and chain. :491:

I hope the new crossrunner is available for test ride somewhere here soon,

not long now till the Northwest 200, the excitement is starting to build,nothing beats roadracing.

Im only 22 and i get fed up of back ache after 400 mile days haha.

Oo road racing! Im a super keen supporter of guy Martin winning the TT this year, but thats another subject. Haha.

• Member Contributer

Never mind the German language; we do not read the articles in Playboy either do we?

old

post-8974-0-87324200-1427910864.jpg

new

post-8974-0-29284800-1427910860.jpg

post-8974-0-20320400-1427910858.jpg

new

post-8974-0-97831900-1427910855.jpg

old

post-8974-0-69167400-1427910853.jpg

old

post-8974-0-36729000-1427910851.jpg

Archived