Looking For Vfr Riders In Southwestern Ontario

RDMcD

• Member Contributer

Despite the current weather, riding season is not far away here in Ontario, so I'm trying to compile a list of local riders.

Anyone from Windsor to Toronto (and beyond ) with a VFR that's interested in getting together for rides please post up. I'm in London and only know of a couple so far

Please pass this on to anyone you know that may be interested.

Or if such a list already exists could someone point me in that direction.
Thanks, Rick

• Member Contributer

Despite the current weather, riding season is not far away here in Ontario, so I'm trying to compile a list of local riders.

Anyone from Windsor to Toronto (and beyond ) with a VFR that's interested in getting together for rides please post up. I'm in London and only know of a couple so far

Please pass this on to anyone you know that may be interested.

Or if such a list already exists could someone point me in that direction.
Thanks, Rick

http://www.vfr.on.ca/

Enjoy,

Glenn

• Member Contributer

Thanks Glenn,

I've gone to that Site and even registered, but can't access anything.

All can see is the classified page and a list of members email addresses.

Can't find any content or a place to post.

I assume that you are a member, what am I missing?

Never mind, think I've figured it out. Never had any experience with an email based forum like that. Now that's three vfr websites to keep track of, getting hard to keep everyone straight. Thanks again for the tip Glenn. Where are you located?

• Member Contributer

Hi Slowbird

I pass through Shelburne every fall when I head to the Muskokas for a few days riding. I spoke to a member of vfrw a while ago who is from Alliston, can't remember the name. Next time I'm there maybe we can meet up.

l agree with you on the OntVFR Site hard to use.

So far I've found four or five around london, maybe the same around kitchener .

Hopefully we can arrange a get together this summer, not sure where.

Where are the good roads in your area? Down here they're mostly straight and flat.

• Member Contributer

Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a group called "Southern Ontario Canada " over on vfrw that you can access from your profile page. Please join and let anyone else in the area you know about it. Not trying to steal readers from here, just wanted to get everyone together in one place.

• Member Contributer

Thanks Glenn,

I've gone to that Site and even registered, but can't access anything.

All can see is the classified page and a list of members email addresses.

Can't find any content or a place to post.

I assume that you are a member, what am I missing?

Never mind, think I've figured it out. Never had any experience with an email based forum like that. Now that's three vfr websites to keep track of, getting hard to keep everyone straight. Thanks again for the tip Glenn. Where are you located?

Email based forum? Back in my day we were happy to have fax machines...

I'm in K-W. I'm up for group rides, but I mostly do solo tours. Have you checked the TMac thread?

[Note to self: Register for TMac, already!!]

Glenn

• Member Contributer

Greetings. Southwest GTA here. I know of another member right around the corner here. 2 more in North York so we're around. Don't know how much extended riding I'll be doing though on the VFR as is my local ya-hoo bike, but a coffee at Homer Watson sound of K/W is always a nice night !

• 2 years later...

Anybody in toronto GTA want to get together for coffee and a ride as soon as the weather is good I'm in.

I have a RWB VFR.

Thxs

• Member Contributer

I'd be down. As long as it's not raining, I'm riding. Already put 100km on the bike this year so far - been a bit chilly, but worth it

I'm in the Newmarket area and always looking for new routes to explore

Archived