Has Anyone Tried The Spray On Window Tint On Their Windscreen?

AaronB

• Member Contributer

The windscreen seems like a reasonable idea but I've never understood tinting your head/tail lights. I would like my lights as bright as possible.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

I tried to tint mine (with film, not spray) and I finally decided to just paint it flat black in honor of TTC... Looks great IMO! Besides, I never tuck all the way down behind it on my Y2k... I keep my eyes just above the top of the wind screen when I tuck in tight.

Edited by Rush2112

• Member Contributer

I think I'll give the tint spray a try and if it looks like crap then use paint. I'll post an update when I do it. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

I think I'll give the tint spray a try and if it looks like crap then use paint. I'll post an update when I do it. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try using Plasti-dip if you're planning on using paint instead, it will peel right off if you find you don't like it. Saves you from ruining a good face shield.

• Member Contributer

I sprayed the back of my stock one gloss black. Looking at it from the front it looks great. If you do go the paint route, paint the back side.

• 3 weeks later...

I've used fabric dye on a few occasions. It needs to be quite warm. Easy, cheap, unlimited colors, good penetration. Remember the container used for dipping may retain the color. R3~

• Member Contributer

I tried to tint mine (with film, not spray) and I finally decided to just paint it flat black in honor of TTC... Looks great IMO! Besides, I never tuck all the way down behind it on my Y2k... I keep my eyes just above the top of the wind screen when I tuck in tight.

Mine is on the home page right now with the flat black painted on the inside of the wind shield if you want to see what it looks like. The plastic gives it a smooth glossy look when viewed from the outside and the flat black cuts reflection and light on the inside

• Member Contributer

Mine is on the home page right now with the flat black painted on the inside of the wind shield if you want to see what it looks like. The plastic gives it a smooth glossy look when viewed from the outside and the flat black cuts reflection and light on the inside

I did the same on my 2003. Used Krylon black for plastics. Looks great, hides my radar detector and keeps the hot sun and glare off the gauges.