Owners Manuals And Other 5Th Gen Super High Resolution Wiring Diagramsnew Maintenece File In Vfrd Downloads

MadScientist

• Member Contributer

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=230

File Name: 5th Gen Super High Resolution Wiring Diagrams

File Submitter: MadScientist

File Submitted: 26 Feb 2015

File Category: Owners Manuals and other

Ever try tracing a wire on the black and white diagram and lose your place causing you to start over again? Or maybe colors make the miserable job of tracing an electrical fault more fun?

If you hate colors or usefulness, this is not for you. Some files are very large and may require significant amounts of RAM/computing power to view. IDK how much power is not enough, all my rigs are pretty new.

Zip file contains 3 images:

VFR Wiring Layers hires.png - very high resolution, colorized version of the wiring diagram from the 5th gen service manual. The filename lies, there are no layers in this file.

VFR Wiring Layers hires.xcf - very high resolution, colorized.... Same as above, except has the wiring in "layers" so that you can hide parts of colorized wiring overlay that you are not interested in. Can open with GIMP (google it, the software is free for Linux or Windows, but may be difficult for casual users), IDK if Paint.net can handle layers either.

VFR Wiring Layers hires.psd - same as above, photoshop format.

Download the newest version if you want a print-ready file. The printable file doesn't have the layer functionality of the other files, but is tweaked and sized for 11x17 reproduction. If you don't intend to have the file printed, the 1.5 version has all the same functionality of the 1.51 version.

Click here to download this file

• Member Contributer

This may be a duplicate post, but I just opened the layered psd file -- very cool!

Thanks for all the hard work!

VFR Wiring Layers hires.xcf - very high resolution, colorized.... Same as above, except has the wiring in "layers" so that you can hide parts of colorized wiring overlay that you are not interested in. Can open with GIMP

Awesome that you pimped the open source Gimp before photoshop! Excellent idea on the layered images. Bravo sir!

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I actually did all the work in GIMP using paths to trace the wires. I've been using GIMP for all my image processing for probably the last 8 years, the last copy of Photoshop that I owned was 7.0. I hope my warning about the difficulty of using the software doesn't deter anyone from trying it. If you are simply are viewing the files, it is quite easy to use, but the user interface for doing actual work could use some tweaks.

Yes, it did take a huge amount of time given that this is probably the 3rd "revision". I'd say there is somewhere around 15 hours of work in this project. Distribute freely, but please give credit.

IMPORTANT NOTE - There are 3 errors on the wire colors in the original factory diagram. The colors are correct on the colorized layer and verified by actual inspection of the wires:

1) Where the main power wires enter the fuse box - The 12v input to fuse A is listed as R/W at the fuse box end of the wire run and R closer to battery/starter. The wire is actually solid red the entire length.

2) Same location as 1) - The 12v input to fuses B and F is listed as R at the fuse box and R/W where it leaves the reg/rec and battery. The wire is actually red with a white stripe the entire length.

3) The wire that enters fuel injector 2 - listed as R/Y at the fuel injector but P/Y the everywhere else. The wire is actually R/Y to the injector.

If anyone notices any other errors, either mine or Honda's, let me know. I didn't physically check every wire on the bike to make sure that the colors listed on the factory diagram actually agree with reality. That said, there may be variants out there that use a different wire color in places, but I don't have any information saying there is.

One last thing - I would consider doing this for the 6th gen if people want it. Ideally I would need a very high resolution template. If anyone wants to send me or upload a 400 dpi (or greater) grayscale scan from the actual 6th Gen manual in uncompressed or lossless image format, I will see what I can do.

• Member Contributer

That is beautiful!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

This will make two upcoming projects much easier!

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

I'm going to bump this to let you all know there were a couple errors I found as I was rebuilding my bike. Neither of the overlay errors are in critical locations, but worth noting; and are corrected in the 1.5 version. Also, I colorized the wires to the clocks to aid in troubleshooting dash malfunctions.

• Member Contributer

The 3D effect of that is impressive. This is definitely going in my reference folder. I may see if I can print a large color copy of it and keep it with my FSM. Well done!

• Member Contributer

Swung by the local UPS store and had them print me an 11x17 full color and laminate it for a garage reference that I could write on with overhead markers or grease pencil. Cost was about $4, Kinkos/Fedex will do the same for $5 so pick whatever is more convenient. I tweaked the image a little bit so it took up all of the 11x17, will upload the file I had them print tomorrow.

• Member Contributer

Swung by the local UPS store and had them print me an 11x17 full color and laminate it for a garage reference that I could write on with overhead markers or grease pencil. Cost was about $4, Kinkos/Fedex will do the same for $5 so pick whatever is more convenient. I tweaked the image a little bit so it took up all of the 11x17, will upload the file I had them print tomorrow.

Sweet!!!

What file formats were they able to work with?

• Member Contributer

Great download, been looking for a colour one. Taking it in to the school where i work and get a couple of supersize ones. Thanks

• Member Contributer

Sweet!!!

What file formats were they able to work with?

Supported File Types
  • Adobe Acrobat Document (*.pdf)
  • Adobe Illustrator (*.ai)
  • Adobe Photoshop Image (*.psd)
  • Bitmap (*.bmp)
  • Encapsulated PostScript (*.eps)
  • GIF Image (*.gif)
  • JPEG Image (*.jpg, *.jpeg)
  • Microsoft Word (*.doc, *.docx)
  • Microsoft PowerPoint (*.pps, *.ppsx, *.ppt, *.pptx)
  • Microsoft Excel (*.xls, *.xlsx)
  • Microsoft Publisher (*.pub)
  • Microsoft Works Document (*.wps)
  • Tagged Image File Format (*.tif, *.tiff)
  • PNG Image (*.png)
  • Word Perfect (*.wpd)

I gave them a .psd file. The .pdf compressed file that I output from GIMP first had some sacrifices in resolution that I didn't want to make.

The file I used will be in the downloads in a little bit.

Archived