Any Interest In A Rear Hub Slider?

SEBSPEED

I made one of these for one of my project bikes and it turned out so well, I thought I might offer them here to other VFR folks.

By installing this part, you combine an aesthetic wheel plug which nicely dresses up the wheel face, with a Delrin slider on the hub side which serves to protect the expensive and sometimes difficult to replace hub nut and hub.

Earlier today I made a second set for my VTEC using black Delrin and aluminum, for the sake of taking pictures and possibly gaining interest in a production run.

Production parts would likely see the wheel plug become flush or almost flush with the wheel surface, and available bare or with a clear, silver, or black VFR logo decal. Hub sliders would be available in black or white, or special order blue.

I'm wondering just how many folks here would be interested in a product like this?? Price would likely be in the $130-160 range.

Here are some photos, please excuse the state of my horribly neglected VFR!

20150215_153738_zpsheldagjz.jpg

20150215_153755_zpspfet3fnw.jpg

20150215_153731_zpsob3ouz01.jpg

20150215_153719_zpsrlspnogz.jpg

20150215_153707_zpszsu48ydf.jpg

20150215_115410-1_zpsrc4nry0w.jpg

20150215_154633_zps2lsk1c36.jpg

20150215_115448-1_zpsydmq34is.jpg

I am also working on fork sliders of similar design and coloring.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Hey Seb, just a question in aesthetics. Could the slider be made large enough in diameter that an outer flange could be added to the piece?? Thus when the slider is installed the flange would contact the hub and cover the large nut.

Hey Seb, just a question in aesthetics. Could the slider be made large enough in diameter that an outer flange could be added to the piece?? Thus when the slider is installed the flange would contact the hub and cover the large nut.

That could possibly be done. Unfortunately, the material I have isn't large enough for me to try this, and I'm out of prototyping funds. I'm using the rest of the material I have to work up a couple sets of fork sliders, and then I need to sell some in order to put any money back in.

• Like 1

I bought Radar's frame sliders, drilled holes in the fairings to install them, then stood back and said WTF? Those big old Corbin Beetle Bags are going to slide across the pavement before anything else touches. :mad:

Well, in that case, you definitely want the fork sliders. The cases will lever the rear up and push the front into the ground harder.

Maybe I should change the title to the "lack of interest" thread. lol

• Member Contributer

I never crash on the left...

Me either. I normally just get the bike tumbling and screw up the front, back, and both side. :goofy:

So you guys might be more interested in fork sliders then? :unsure:

One at a time .

• Member Contributer

Definitely interested m8, price & postage may be an issue though.

I'm not a huge fan of frame sliders as I believe they can increase the amount of damage on all but virtually stationary crashes. So what's the benefit of rear hub & forksliders - do those parts get scratched/deformed if the bike goes down?

I was looking to buy the Thurn Motorsports rear wheel insert, but that has no protection role, just aesthetic but happy to support a fellow VFRD'r, just need to understand why we need sliders in those positions.

Thanks.